jammed charging handle on king arms m4 metal body

Dodger1911

The charging handle on my king arms metal body m4 is totally jammed. can not pull back at all. can't open the dust cover to access and can not get upper received off of the body to get to the charging handle to see if anything is jammed. Has anyone run into this before? Any suggestions on how to repair would be welcome. Thanks all

Hm. Just installed an Olympic arms KA metal body on frontwired TM m4 yesterday. Had a similar problem, it turned out to be the steel plate that holds the outside wires close to the gearbox. It locked up the charging handle and i could not pull the top reciever from the bottom. I ended up removing said plate and everything works much better.

I dont know if this plate is present on the KA gearbox. Maybe your problem is the bolt catch funktion that is broken and gets stuck inside the upper?

To get to the insides you could try to dissasemble the lower and separate it from the gearbox. This is what I did yesterday and it gives some more room for the upper to move so it is more easly removed.

What are the specs of your m4? battery placement, any upgrades or such? Just to get a clear pic. of things.

I've had this once putting my mates KA M4 back together. It was the movable bolt catch cover which slipped whilst I slid the top receiver back on. It took a bit of work to slide the top back off, and I had to use a pin to pop open the dust cover so I could push the cover to the side.

Archived