BOUTACTICAL GEAR (BTG) LAPD SWAT PLATE CARRIER

Well, today I bring the review (my first review for a forum, so be benevolent) is the unpacking and first contact with this vest.

It was my first assignment to Jesus, the person behind BTG. The treatment by Jesus has been, at all times, outstanding. With daily communication, talking about the details of the design, and discuss the difficulties and he was always open to suggestions.

The way it has to work is simple but effective: the more information, photos, videos, features and details you give about what you want, better, easier and more accurate the final product.

Now without further comment a bit on the original model, putting photos in detail for you can compare. The original photos of a model in A-TACS, while my model is in black.

PROTECH TAC AR PLATE CARRIER

This plate carrier has been developed under the concept Protech Tactical hSLD. We are facing a "state of the art" in terms of carrier plates are concerned. Full of little details that make clear their vocation for versatility and utility, has been chosen by the LAPD SWAT team as part of its endowment, along with models and Mk.II FAV TAC 6 PLUS HP, of the same brand.

Then I leave the description and characteristics of protech own.

The TAC AR (Assault Rack) makes it easy to upgrade protection for first responders in an active shooter situation. The TAC AR accepts Both multi-size hard armor plates in the front / back plate pockets as well as 6 "x 6" mini-side hard armor plates in the outer cummerbund.

This plate rack Provides the operator with more built-in options making this a great tool carrier sleek In Their arsenal.

- Dual-side closure systems to offer the option of utilizing the outer cummerbund Either for pouch attachment and 6 "x 6" mini-side plates for added protection or removing the outer cummerbund to Use the low-profile buckle closure system

- Outer cummerbund girth features a drawstring adjustment system on the back of the carrier

- 360 ° modular attachment system to accommodate PROTECH Tactical TP pouches

- Internal bottom-loading front and back plate Specifically designed to hold multi-size type III or type IV hard armor plates

- Adjustable straps for Greater adjustability shoulders with integrated D-rings to Provide a platform for accessory attachment

- Hook and loop platforms on the front and back for attachment of identification patches

- Radio channel for securing wire communications systems

- Reinforced strap rescue officer

Here you have a video that you can see some of the features of this carrier plates (between 1:55 and 2:45 minutes)

Now let's start with the unpacking ...

Jesus sent me the package in a medium sized box which came in three different bags different parts of the vest. It should be noted that the bags come perfectly closed, so that the products are kept isolated from dirt or moisture during transport

tacar1.jpg

In this bag are the biceps protection

tacar2.jpg

This bag is the cummerbund

tacar3.jpg

This bag is the vest ... along with something else to commission

tacar4.jpg

After unpacking everything I've come across a great quality product, comparable or even superior to pantac, flyye or toy soldier. Made all in black color 1000D CORDURA, I must say that the vest did not disappoint at all. The wear and tear will say if I'm wrong, but the first impression that gives the material is to be indestructible.

Now let a little with the comparison / review.

First we find the front panel or front platebag as say whichever you prefer.

BTG

tacar5.jpg

PROTECH

$(KGrHqJ,!poF!-rDefIkBQYMmveHN!~~60_57.J

The front flap closure serving is designed in a really practical, closing in two parts which would be in if the slide plates and plate pocket

BTG

tacar13.jpg

tacar14.jpg

dscf0651t.jpg

PROTECH

$T2eC16V,!y8E9s2fjtFqBQYMnMgt+g~~60_57.J

Now we turn to the rear panel or rear platebag.

BTG

In another assignment I did a backpanel Assault (ABP)

tacar6.jpg

PROTECH

$T2eC16V,!)UE9s3wCPIsBQYMnPHdqg~~60_57.J

I must say that PBL is nicely done, although it is a bit tight and short for my taste, should be a little wider, to take more back and slightly longer for the water the better blader ( as we will see in later photos)

Regarding the rear interior panel has a simple bottom closure, like the original, for the pocket slide plates. Moreover, taking the same type as the original quilt, making carrying the vest is really comfortable. The vest accepts SAPI class sizes M or L. In my case I use a M.

tacar11.JPG

tacar12.jpg

Construction of the cummerbund is simple but effective, and adds the detail of the handles on the front to help disengage the vest. Although, as in the original, as you can see in the video, not, as this has two aunts of nylon. Regarding the inside of the same material, but has not enabled the pocket to bring the side plates as seen in the video. In defense of BTG have to say that the video is after the order and at the time I found the photos in detail cummerbund.

tacar7.jpg

The protection biceps are sublime. Sturdy in construction but soft as to use. They fit easily and quickly engage the vest.

tacar8.jpg

tacar9.jpg

BTG has no seams maker BARTAC type, but that does not detract at all your work. The type of stitch used for MOLLE is durable and well secured. This is one of those things that time and, above all, the use will dictate your final verdict. While I leave a stitching detail so that you may see.

tacar10.jpg

After mounting the carrier plate, looks like ...

OPEN

tacar15.jpg

tacar16.jpg

CLOSED

tacar17.jpg

tacar18.jpg

tacar19.jpg

tacar20.jpg

FINAL

A lack of testing on the "battlefield" I must say that I was very pleasantly surprised with this product. Assuming that it is something "taylor made", you might assume failures and faults, that make desmereciera final product, but not the case.

All materials used in the manufacture of it is of very good quality and once set, is, it shows and feels lightweight, indestructible and very comfortable.

Perhaps the only niggles can be discussed and the cummerbund and ABP

Regarding shipment said to have been 10 days, by certified mail and without customs

As soon as I can, I will prove it thoroughly in a "field test"

Slds!