Swiss Eye Stingray V

Cryptkeeper

Hi,

Well after a year running "Guarder C3" glasses they finally broke! They broke up because they are very small, everyone i knew that tried complained about the tightness they had, only fitting a child properly.

So i'm in the market searching for a replacement, cheap if possible because the economy is not going well. I was searching for ESS and Revision googles when i came across this brand, that for the price i found 48€ its not very bad, only needing to get the optical lenses for it since it comes with the insert already.

So here it goes the link for the glasses i found http://www.swisseye.com/en/products/details/stingray-v

Guys, is anyone familiar with this brand and products? Is it a good deal?

Cheers

Are you aware if they are rated as protective spectacles? I don't see any obvious reference on the site you liked. "Sport glasses" can mean anything from ballistic resistance to just a casual pair of sunglasses, prescription insert notwithstanding.

Have you considered just buying some used ESS or Revision stuff from ebay? I know you're based in Portugal from your profile, but you can find ESS ICE spectacles here for as little as £20, including spare lenses and carry case since they're issue and surplus is cheap and plentiful.

If you want cheap, new AND protective, Bolle spectacles are a great deal.

In any case, eyepro is extremely important, don't cheap out on an unknown product. Bargain hunting is fine though.

Archived