Running a TM MEU frame with a KJW MEU metal slide

Wingman

As I have not been able to find a holster that will take my KJW MEU w/rail and my M3 light readily available, and having several holsters for a standard 1911 (sans rail), I've been shooting a combo of a TM MEU with the KJW metal slide,

As I want to use propane/green gas exclusively, I was wondering if I could end up having any issues with the TM frame? Using this combination, I've put thru 10-15 magazines with no problems at all. In fact, I kind of like it. Slide fits tight but appears to slide like glass. Accuracy is quite good, as it was when the slide was on my KJW frame.

I've also added a set of actual Colt grips (from my real steel spares), a aluminum outer barrel with the TM MEU barrel numbers NW7125.45ACP (dont know who made it but looks good and it's not getting marked up from the shooting) and a Nova Wilson non-ambi thumb safety. Just ordered a stainless barrel bushing and some Gunsite grips.

While I'm no Lazouche when it comes to this kind of stuff, I do have to admit that his videos kind of inspire me to give this a go. 

Archived