ABS-G/ABE

TeamGoFast

Lemme start this by saying I am enlisted in the United States Air Force, so I'm not one of those guys wearing a rank they didn't earn.

absgnew_zps6728ca67.jpg

Top to bottom

ABS-G/ABE with issue sand tee underneath, not the crappy initial issue one that has like 1/4 sleeves, this ones like a badass moisture wicking tee.

ABS-G/ABE trousers with actual rigger's belt.  Beat up Thorogood steel toes with my dog tag in 'em.  I have a pair of Corcoran's I'll probably end up wearing depending on the terrain.  Have a set of tan jungle boots I need to break in.

absgnew2_zpscaf1e1d1.jpg

absgnew3_zps8546fe7f.jpg

Clone CIRAS that I freakin ADORE and will probably never use another rig again.  Got my name and branch tapes on it (probably should take the branch off at games right?) Couple of double M4 mag pouches.  The "Dark Side" patch was my dads from when he was in the military, so I'm carrying that on with me.  I need a sub load/belt thing since mine got stolen.  Go figure.  Also need a side arm as well as some more FAL mags.  Eventually probably a SCAR or something neat and trendy like that.  

Opinions on a belt set up?  Mainly just to carry a holster and maybe some small tools and batteries.  I was thinking of grabbing a tan/CB/dark earth (whatever you want to call it) CIRAS or maybe a JPC and see how I like it.  I've got a CB backpack Ill toss all my into for the staging area/back of my truck.

Also I didn't feel like shaving this morning so no one give me for it.  Also I need/want a helmet.  Figure Ill rock my patrol cap until then.  Yes, I do have eye pro.  ESS's.

Sorry for the pictures with all kinds of stuff.  My family moved when I was away for military stuff and we're still unpacking.

I hate to be the one to say it and I dont mean to be offensive in any way but what's the point of this thread? Is it only to discuss your belt set up?

If it is then I'd recommend you to wear your holster on your belt, even though you have a lot of space on your CIRAS for a holster if you prefer that. Put the batteries and tools in your admin pouch.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask, I'm sure that many members would be able to put in facts and personal opinions.

I hate to be the one to say it and I dont mean to be offensive in any way but what's the point of this thread? Is it only to discuss your belt set up?

If it is then I'd recommend you to wear your holster on your belt, even though you have a lot of space on your CIRAS for a holster if you prefer that. Put the batteries and tools in your admin pouch.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask, I'm sure that many members would be able to put in facts and personal opinions.

Word I get it haha.  You don't have to worry about offending me.

Basically I'm looking for a helmet recommendation, an upgraded set of eye pro, and some belt and general pouch lay out, and maybe a MAP to stick on the back of it.  I'm a righty by nature.

I was issued an ACH and I don't like it too much.  I have a PASGT right now but its awkward and I'm not a fan of it.  I dont need any ballistic protection for BBs so I'm gonna save the weight.  Maybe a MICH 2001?  I want a rhino mount on it, but I dunno if the plastic ones will be strong enough to actually mount anything to it.  Chime in anyone?

I had a holster on my CIRAS for a while and I wasn't that big of a fan of it.

Thanks

For a helmet that will work well for the type of protection that's sometimes needed while airsofting, just about any replica helmet should work. Comfort wise, the Ops-Core line of helmets have been getting good reviews since their head-lock system is very stable, and the helmet is very modular, even with the replica versions. Any type of MICH would also work well, but the replicas nearly always have terrible pads and chin-straps. Upgrading to aftermarket pads and chin-straps works wonders. My MICH2001 has SkyDex pads and now has a replica Ops-Core chin-strap and so it sits very well on my head. You'll be able to find  a myriad of replica helmets on pretty much any airsoft shops website.

As for NODs mounts, the real USGI Rhino style mounts are quite cheap, but the arm itself could cost a bit more. If you want to carry a real NVG, then I would definitely recommend you paying for the quality parts that you need. Most replica helmet shells are strong enough to support the weight of an NVG, as long as the mount is securely connected to the helmet shell. 

Since you have a CIRAS and they are very bulky, you might like to separate the gear onto a war-belt rather than just keeping everything on the CIRAS. I would not recommend you to buy a bunch of pouches that you have no use for. You can keep the main fighting load of your kit on your CIRAS since most common airsoft games are too short to warrant the use of tons of gear. I would still advice you to keep some kind of water source on yourself, to keep hydrated, obviously... It really depends on what type of airsofting games you will be attending, because a day of playing will require less and different gear than a weekender would. 

You said that you have a pair of ESS's, and they are good-to-go, but since I don't know which model you have it is hard to tell if it will be good or not. I like to use shooting glasses, but some sites require the use of full-sealed goggles, and I use full-sealed goggles almost every time I play at a CQB site. I always bring two pairs of eye protection at the very least, even if I am confident that my eye protection will hold up to more abuse than it will ever be put through on the field. 

Archived