GUIDE: Guarder Enhanced kit TM Glock 17 making it cycle smoothly

Robinio

Ok, So I got a brand new Tokyo Marui Glock 17 (my first Marui) I had a WE G17 before but it was so worn I could hardly shoot it.

Anyway, I got the Guarder Enhanced Kit for my TM (in the same package as my TM Glock) I installed it (I have experience with TM Glocks) but the Slide would still get stuck ALOT!

NOTE: This guide is for GUARDER metal kits with a Marui base, Clones might have a different spec to some parts. I take no responsibility if mess with your gun and brake it. Also this is a permanent modification to both the TM internals and to the Guarder kit.

On an other note: My Slide is the "NEW 2012" slide which came in the kit, I've heard that there is a new 2013 slide but I don't know what difference there is.

So I googled the problem, but I didn't find any real guide. I got the solution from a video entierly in Japanese that I did'nt understand, Now I'll show you how to do it in English, my Glock cycles good, just file as shown in the pictures and you should be okay.

I only had a Gerber multitool to use as a file but you SHOULD use a real file and be careful not to file to much.

Anyway, as long as you pay attention to the text next to the pictures it'll work, if you are not familiar with airsoft gunsmithing then I recommend you sent it to an airsoft shop or a friend with experience and reefer to this guide.

Picture 1/5 - Slide and blow back unit

gallery_45078_2137_82475.jpg

File in the red circles, unfiled, these stand out by some milimeters.

The big red circle to the right is where the hammer bearing/bushing will be in contact with the slide, if your slide gets stuck about 1/4th from when the slide is in battery, then this is where you should focus with, file it down so it's the same height as the rest of the surrounding walls in the BBU.

Picture 2/5 - BBU that causes problems with trigger lever.

gallery_45078_2137_31546.jpg

Marked with 1. This is where the trigger lever meets the BBU, if your slide gets stuck like when the slide locks gets engaged but the lock actually doesn't engage, file this and try to have a smooth round surface facing forward and facing the nub on the trigger lever. 

Picture 3/5 - Front of the slide

gallery_45078_2137_65690.jpg

File down these two tabs, there are only like 0.5 mm but it makes the slide move more smoothly .

Picture 4/5 Frame

gallery_45078_2137_51750.jpg

Here's the only part on the frame that you should file down.

Picture 5/5 OPTIONAL Magazine rail

gallery_45078_2137_5286.jpg

My brand new TM Glock mag that came with the gun would fit but there still would be a bit hard to insert the mag, my worn WE mags had no problems what so ever because the rail was already worn, just file down that until you feel that the mags insert smoothly (NOTE this is probably not required if you have a magazine that's already worn in, the problem was that my mag was new)

Well that's all from me right now, hope you'll find this guide useful 

TAGS: Guarder Enhanced kit Tokyo Marui Glock 17 TM G17 file slide stuck cycle problem

Thanks for this, I'll give it a go, I bought the Stainless Guarder G17 slide for the TM G17 since the release of the WE CO2 magazines for the glock, but it was getting stuck a lot to a point it was pretty much un-usable, and I've done some random filing here and there before shoving the whole thing into a corner to temporary forget about the project... will try this out! 

Just remember, on Picture 1 DON'T file too much, I can't edit the post but FILING TOO MUCH WILL RESULT THAT THE BLOW BACK HOUSING DOES NOT PUSH THE HAMMER BACK.

Overall, only file a little bit and try to fit it several times instead of filing too much and risk destroying the gun.

I did a bit more filing on the Blowback housing and it resulted in problems. 

IF your gun is brand need I recommend filing/sanding of the paint on the metal rail/slides first. and then start filing so that it fits. 

Good luck!

Archived