What if the magazine puts too much pressure on the BBs?

Wingmann

It has happened to me on other replicas, but never with hicaps like now.

I'm using Lonex style hicaps or the CYMA drum in my LCT RPK and sometimes BBs will be shot without force due to the pressure of the mechanism on the BBs (Same as overloading a midcap). I can control that pressure somehow in the Lonex mags by pulling the cord just four times, but the CYMA drum is more complex.

Is there any way to control that pressure in hicaps and boxes?

Try cutting a winding or two on the tappet plate spring.

That would put a bit more stress on the sector gear to retract it but also would give the nozzle more force when going forward. Would that solve this issue?

I mean, is the problem that the nozzle cannot reach the chamber properly when pressed up by the BBs?

Perhaps.

It is my opinion that the magazine can never push too strong (special cases exempt), and that the rifle itself should be were this issue is fixed.

Perhaps the force of the BB stack pushes the magazine down enough to give problems at the feedneck?

Perhaps the force of the BB stack pushes the magazine down enough to give problems at the feedneck?

There's not much slack in the mags, as AK mags are supported by the front and back, and I filed them to fit snugly.

Also, all BBs are fed and shot, just some of them are fired at much less speed. It's more frequent on auto. Semi is fine.

I'll try shooting supporting the mags upwards and see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived