APS ACP Gas Venting Issues

Horsem4n

i have a friend that bought an APS ACP (first gen because apparently theres 2 generations now or evike made something up or something) and it seems to like to lock the slide half way back and vent gas out. it only does this when firing BBs,without them, the gun cycles just fine. it does it with both plastic and metal outer barrels. 

being the same as the marui glock (given some differences for CO2 use) i figured someone would have ran into an issue like this at some point. any suggestions?

I have a Gen 2 ACP. I haven't experienced the problem you mentioned.

Does he have another magazine to try? He might want to rule out magazine problem first.

APS is known to apply heavy grease on ACP's internals. Heavy grease attracts dust and dirt and inhibits functions, so you might want to advise your friend to clean the internal thoroughly, and apply a thin layer of grease.

I've also heard Gen 1 has a rather loose outer barrel. There is a slight possibility that this may affect proper cycling.

thanks for the suggestions. he doesn't have another mag to try, but he may soon.

the problem persisted out of the box and i had already cleaned and re lubricated everything.

the outer barrel doesnt seem any more or less loose than any other GBB pistol i have owned. including marui glocks.

Archived