Another SAA question.......sorry

Lowprofile

It's pretty complicated. The frame is a clamshell with the left side having the gas router imbedded into it (unsure if cast as part of it or glued in) and the right side has the entire barrel cast as part of it. There's some space in it to add weights but it's far easier to just add them in the barrel and grips to get the weight. I was able to get my chrome silver to the same weight as my HW with a bit of room left to spare. Added lead are circled in red.

IMG_1884.jpg

I think it's more on the weight. I haven't held the plain ABS myself but the chrome silver one really looks and feels nice until you pick it up. Or, again, just go with the HW model. That's the one on the left in my signature. You could get a Super Blackhawk too I suppose. Not exactly an SAA but it's the absolute best shooting single action revolver there is and they weigh a bit over 1kg.

I've seen others use an o-ring for making the hop but I used hot glue in mine for a concave flat hop. After a window is cut in the barrel, I plug the inside with a 6mm rod covered in cellophane tape. I apply the hot glue on and use a heated knife to scrape off the excess. When cool, I shim the formed hop using strips of aluminum then wrap in PTFE tape before installing back in.

Archived