ICS L85 semi auto issue (and trigger response)

Alex6714

Hi there,

I recently started having a small problem with my L85, after at least a year and a half of use.

Basically, everything functions perfectly normally, except sometimes I will get a burst of 2 shots in semi auto. The piston doesn't stay back or anything, they are 2 full cycle shots, never more. This usually happens at the beginning of the day (full battery charge maybe) and almost 100% of the time with one of the mags I have (this is important). With a little fiddling it usually works normally with the rest of the mags which are different type for the rest of the day.

Now for those of you that know the ICS L85, there is a bar that goes back to the selector switch from the trigger mech and a lever (spring loaded) on the gearbox slots into this. As far as I can tell, the bar holds the lever in position for semi auto.

I have narrowed down the problem, and it turns out that if I either:

- Hold the receiver sections tight together,

- Push and hold the selector switch further up than it sits usually,

The problem disappears.

The reason I mentioned the mag earlier is because its a very tight fit, so it pushes the recievers apart a little more than the other mags. However, it worked perfectly before.

So basically, the lever is not staying slotted in properly when everything is seated normally. My question is, what can I do about this? Do I need a new part or will tightening something help? I can't visibly see any wear, but the bar is a bit wobbly but I think it always was.

The bar doesn't move forward when I press the trigger, is it supposed to? I don't remember.

Finally, I would like to improve trigger response as I almost exclusively use semi, for ICS owners, what would be the best way to do this?

Thanks!

>Now for those of you that know the ICS L85, there is a bar that goes back to the selector switch from the trigger mech and a lever (spring loaded) on the gearbox slots into this. As far as I can tell, the bar holds the lever in position for semi auto.

The transfer bar sits against a spring, when the gearbox cycles it pulls on the transfer bar through the little leaver (disconnecter). This then separates the trigger contacts. In full auto the transfer bar is held out of the way so that the disconnecter doesn't impinge on it.

>The bar doesn't move forward when I press the trigger, is it supposed to? I don't remember.

It shouldn't. but if you hold the trigger and move the bar, it will disconnect the trigger contacts.

>So basically, the lever is not staying slotted in properly when everything is seated normally.

Are you sure? That would imply that the transfer bar is bent or the disconnecter is worn. Check these parts for signs of damage.

>Finally, I would like to improve trigger response as I almost exclusively use semi, for ICS owners, what would be the best way to do this?

The gearbox runs super smooth (at least mine always has) so the best way to improve is through wiring. Mosfet and large guage wiring will give the motor the tastiest electricity.

Archived