Inner barrel problem We Scar

Cire_

Hey.

So i bought this inner barrel for my WE Scar

https://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Accessories_Precision_Barrels_GBB_A_Plus_Airsoft_6_08mm_Nickel_Coated_Copper_Rectifier_Inner_Barrel_for_WE_VFC_GBB_370mm.htm

But i'm not able to use it as it is right now since this barrel seems to be bigger then the standard barrel and make its impossible to close the thing that goes over the hop-up unit:04.jpg

Anybody know why i'm not able to mount the hop-up "house" that goes over the hop-up unit itself? Is the only solution to sand the barrel down?

Yeah, so i looked on it and as you says there is a lenght diffrence on the hop-up window. So i guess it's just try to sell the barrel and buy another new one.. Do they have some special code that will make sure i know they will work? The new WE barrel standard.. 

New WE spec is on it's own and nobody's (third party) making replacements for them yet. But, as I said, VSRs still fit provided you replace both barrel and hop rubber combined. For what it's worth you can try widening the hop window on the stock barrel as that's pretty much the only problem why it doesn't perform very well. I remember it measuring somewhere around 3mm wide only and opening it up to 4.5mm makes a drastic improvement. Can be done with as little as a hand file and a sharp knife to deburr.

Archived