Technical Newb - First Custom Project

aaron2310

So despite having played the game for about 8 years I've never dared tinker inside any of my rifles. I'm not massively knowledgeable when it comes to the technicalities and specifics brans and etc.  I decided it was time to try and change this so I decided to have a go at a project I've wanted to do for ages - take an SL8 and turn it into a shorter supportish type weapon.

So I've brought a JG SL8 but I found a variant that was already shorter than standard (not as short as I want but that can wait. I've ended up with a 608-SL85. I'd like to replace the front end with a C length front end and inner/outer barrel). The first thing I want to do with it is increase the ROF and install a gearbox that can take a LiPo. I'll only be using something like a 7.2. 

So my question from a technical newb is...what is a pretty good but not ridiculous ROF - 20/25 RPS? What kind of motor would I be looking at to accomplish that? Any particular brand I should be looking at or avoiding? Same question for gearbox internals?

Are there any existing guides on this so I can not bother you good folk?

Thanks for any help and apologies for any annoyance. 

Archived