WE P228 V P229

super64

So I've just picked up a WE P229 to compliment my 226 and I love them both. As a collector I'm really interested in getting a 228 to complete the set, but from the research I've done it appears the WE 228 and 229's are fundamentally the same gun, just with 228 and 229 on the grips. Is that the case? I know in real steel the guns fire different caliber ammunition, but can't seem to work out any difference in the airsoft versions.

the main difference (in the RS model) is the 228 has a folded sheet metal slide (older model) and the 229 has a CNC machined slide out of stainless steel (newer model). On the airsoft version the size is the same but like Mike_West said, only the slides are different. 

quote from wikipedia: The P229 differs from its cousin the P226 in several respects, and was originally introduced to supplement and then replace the P228 by adding the .357 SIG and .40 S&W as available chamberings. The P229 was the first production handgun introduced that could chamber the .357 SIG round.[28] The P226 and P228 were originally manufactured using a stamped-steel slide on an aluminum alloy frame. The P229 consists of a CNC-milled stainless steel slide, typically colored black with a Nitron finish. The P229's milled steel slide was introduced to handle the higher slide velocities created by the .357 SIG and .40 S&W loads, which the stamped slide of the P228 could not handle without the use of a much stiffer recoil spring. This would have made manual slide-retraction much more difficult and the use of a milled stainless slide (coupled with the new milling and stainless production capabilities found in the U.S. factory) with a standard weight recoil spring made more sense.

SiNq3L.jpgG9HDwT.jpgntymPZ.jpg67dQuM.jpg

Thanks DJ, the pictures help. I see the difference now. It's quite handy to see them side by side, or should I say under each other.

Are these downloaded pictures or are they your guns? If they're yours where did you get them from? I'd like to get hold of a fully trade marked 228 and 229. I've ordered an HK3P P226 Navy and hope to have that either this week or next, but I've not seen an HK3P 228 or 229 and not seen any other manufacturers doing trade marked versions.

Archived