HK3P P226

super64

Does anyone know if the HK3P P226 is an upgraded version of the WE P226 or just a trademarked version?

I ask because I've just received what is supposed to be an HK3P P226 from a retailer who I will not name, but I have used a number of times in the past and been very happy with. It took a number of weeks for the gun to arrive with a number of emails sent back and forth, one of which said that the gun would be sent out as soon as it returned from the engravers. That got me thinking.

Then, when the gun arrived it was in the standard WE 226 box and now I'm thinking they've just sent a WE 226 and had the slide engraved. It still has the WE grips with F226 on one side and Seal Team Six on the other, when I was expecting it to have Sig Sauer on the grips. I have another WE 226 and they both appear pretty much the same.

So, back to the question. I know HK3P do trademarked WE pistols, but do they also upgrade the gun in any way and am I missing out on something?

You aren't, don't worry.

You'll find that the WE P226s have wonky slide geometry compared to the real ones - they cheaped out and used the same extrusion for the P226, p228 and p229 slides. Unfortunately, that means that the curvature at the top of the WE P226 slide is actually flatter a la the P229, which means you won't be able to fit it in P226 holsters unless they have very generous allowances at the top. P229 holsters should work.

It sounds a lot worse than it is, the difference is less than 10 degrees.

Thanks for that, I've got a WE 226 and 229, and I'm looking to pick up a 228 to complete the set, but I don't have a holster for them. I'm aware the WE 226 dimensions are out and so it won't fit most 226 holsters. I was looking to pick up a Nuprol holster, that way I know the WE 226 will fit. I'm making an assumption that the 228 and 229 will also fit being that it's just a shorter barrel and the slide width is the same on all three guns.

Thanks for that, I've got a WE 226 and 229, and I'm looking to pick up a 228 to complete the set, but I don't have a holster for them. I'm aware the WE 226 dimensions are out and so it won't fit most 226 holsters. I was looking to pick up a Nuprol holster, that way I know the WE 226 will fit. I'm making an assumption that the 228 and 229 will also fit being that it's just a shorter barrel and the slide width is the same on all three guns.

The 229 has a wider slide than the 226 and 228.

You can usually stretch plastic/kydex holsters with a hairdryer

Archived