ASG Scorpion EVO 3 x UMP 9 Feasibility research

blobface

cz-usa-cz-scorpion-evo3-a1.jpg

So I'm about to buy an EVO 3 due to its ridiculously OP performance, as a backup gun if / when my stupid GBBs fail, however I was never a fan of the EVO 3's external design, was hoping someone with experience with the EVO 3 (and UMP I guess) comment on the feasibility of bastardising (heavily bastardising) the internals of the EVO 3 to make work with a UMP shell, in a way that retains stop-on-empty bolt lock feature? 

The biggest issue seem to the magazine angle, I'm hoping with adjustment to the hop unit and extending the gearbox bolt-stop switch will allow the mag to engage, even if it means a BB or two will leak out after it's empty when you pull the mag out, so be it. Anybody with more experience with the Evo system could comment? Also, who makes the best quality UMP shell? (AFAIK UMP 9 and 45 uses the same body in airsoft) 

Were I doing this I'd heavily recommend getting a standard UMP45 and fabricating some 9mm magazines for it, then upgrading it with a micro-controller mosfet unit.

The EVO is a nice little package but it's a total bugger to get into and out of and it doesn't really lend itself to a plethora of upgrades due to proprietary parts etc. The lack of an ARL (or even provision for one) is also a massive miss-step if you want to run higher power springs or higher rate of fire set ups.

Classic Army do a clone of the G&G UMP (the best airsoft one so far, the UMAREX/STAR/ARES ones are a bit poo) which has a QSC gearbox with 9mm bearings as standard:

http://classicarmyshop.com/proline/other/umc-aeg-smg-ca043p.html

I have one which I've set up as my CQB primary, and with 11.1v lipos it's doing 38rps. I've not set it up with a micro-controller mosfet to replace the trigger contacts, mainly because I'm waiting for GATE to make a V3 TITAN, but if I wanted to, a BTC Chimera would work and give you a very short trigger pull comparable to the EVO.

IIRC there was also a Trigger Master programming set that could be loaded onto the Chimera which could let you designate a microswitch for a 'bolt stop' feature, which would be the only thing you'd be missing out on from the EVO.

Archived