right this is my first review so it may not be that good however i will give it my best shot :)

right im not exactly sure what this is called so i will call it an ammo rig for the minute then update it later, it is made by arktis and has 3 ammo pouches and 2 utility pouches

the design is very useful as it enables you to wear a full set of webbing with the rig or were a large ruck sack without the rig getting in the way,to my knowledge it can be supplied in a few of colours, DPM,OD and Black you can also get similar designed rigs in more exotic patens and colours such as marpat and flecktarn to name a few now onto the details

the ammo pouches are slightly larger than standard size and are a flap and velcro shuting design witch makes them very secure,and easy to open quickly(if sum what noisy) for what ever you need and once you have let go of the flap it falls back onto the pouch and fasten its self again witch is a big bonus as you don't have to remember to fasten them shut again e.g the spanish fly system <_< found on the PLCE webbing

the ammo pouches themselves are big enough to take the following magazines in each one:

3 m16 mags

2 7.62mags e.g g3,m14 ect ect

2 ak mags

2 g36 mags

4 mp5/uzi mags ect

or a couple of grenades

the two utility pouches are slightly larger than the ammo pouches and can take a standard military canteen or mess tin with no problems at all ( a small note that if you put a mess tin in the pouch make sure you have the base of it against you and the top open bit facing out wards because else it hurts a lot when you land on it,bang into a wall with it i discovered this the hard way <_< ) , they use the same flap and velcro shuting system as the ammo pouches except the flaps are a lot shorter and can be a pain in the A** to get to when your being shot at

now we come to the map case compartment this is slightly different to the other pouches because it uses the same flap shutting system but it is secured with poppers,now this is very large and spans the whole of the back of the rig now this makes it sound like you can stash a lot of stuff in it doesn't it ? WRONG ! do not attempt to put much in here as it will

A. hurt/be very uncomfortable

B. it WILL wind you if you trip and land on anything as its right on your stomach,lung area

it does how ever baring the obvious use of holding maps and documents make a very handy dump/spend mag pouch,now i have only used this rig with and m16 and you can only fit 4 mags in it before you run out of room

pros

*very comfortable

*lots of carry room

*can be cabined with webbing or rucksacks

*will fit nearly all mags except p90 mags

*very well made i got mine ex issue from a friend of my mums nearly 10 years ago and after me using and beating the ###### out of the thing its still in very good condition

cons

*pouches are VERY noise to open so not good for recon people or snipers

*depending on witch arm is your primary you can open the outside mag pouches by accident when raising you weapon

*you can wind yourself if your not careful when wearing the vest

*very difficult to crawl in but most vests and rigs are

in conclusion this is an exelent rig if you don't have much to carry and realise its practical use but the added advantage is that you can just add a web belt with more pouches and your away

i will add some pictures later because this review isnt much use if you cant see what im tryin to explain :D

May I provide a picture?

I think chest rigs are designed for FIBUA (for example, the PLCE chest rig is referred to as the 'Northern Ireland' rig), where you wouldn't really be spending a lot of time prone. So they are fine for CQB, or skirmishing in general, if you don't intend to get on the floor all that much :)

This is my OD one; I have a DPM one too. I think they are pretty ideal for airsoft really. I could wear a full belt-kit or AV, but I only end up using the ammo pouches and a few others. High speed, low drag people :D

However, my Arktis chest rig doesn't have press-studs for a radio pouch like my PLCE one, and I'd like to have seen the belt replaced with a PLCE/ALICE one to add more pouches. Oh, and if you actually wear them on your chest in warm weather, you'll fry yourself. Drop them down to your stomach if poss.

Re: the velcro. On my PLCE rig, there are flaps on the inside of the pouches that you can fold onto the external velcro, thus 'sealing' it, and silencing the rig. This means that you are using the QR buckles only, so takes away the advantage of just being able to slap the pouches shut, but does get rid of the ripping velcro noise :D Maybe some modding you could do on the Arktis rig?

Edited by doc_newstead
  • 3 months later...

better late than never :D

ok heres an updated review with pics

right this is my first review so it may not be that good however i will give it my best shot :)

PIC_0011.jpg

right im not exactly sure what this is called so i will call it an ammo rig for the minute then update it later, it is made by arktis and has 3 ammo pouches and 2 utility pouches

the design is very useful as it enables you to wear a full set of webbing with the rig or were a large ruck sack without the rig getting in the way,to my knowledge it can be supplied in a few of colours, DPM,OD and Black you can also get similar designed rigs in more exotic patens and colours such as marpat and flecktarn to name a few now onto the details

the ammo pouches are slightly larger than standard size and are a flap and velcro shuting design witch makes them very secure,and easy to open quickly(if sum what noisy) for what ever you need and once you have let go of the flap it falls back onto the pouch and fasten its self again witch is a big bonus as you don't have to remember to fasten them shut again e.g the spanish fly system <_< found on the PLCE webbing

the ammo pouches themselves are big enough to take the following magazines in each one:

3 m16 mags

PIC_0014.jpg

2 7.62mags e.g g3,m14 ect ect

PIC_0015.jpg

2 ak mags (i only have one ak mag)

PIC_0016.jpg

2 g36 mags

4 mp5/uzi mags ect

or a couple of grenades

PIC_0017.jpg

the two utility pouches are slightly larger than the ammo pouches and can take a standard military canteen or mess tin with no problems at all ( a small note that if you put a mess tin in the pouch make sure you have the base of it against you and the top open bit facing out wards because else it hurts a lot when you land on it/bang into a wall with it i discovered this the hard way <_< ) , they use the same flap and velcro shuting system as the ammo pouches except the flaps are a lot shorter and can be a pain in the *albartroth* to get to when your being shot at

now we come to the map case compartment this is slightly different to the other pouches because it uses the same flap shutting system but it is secured with poppers,now this is very large and spans the whole of the back of the rig now this makes it sound like you can stash a lot of stuff in it doesn't it ? WRONG ! do not attempt to put much in here as it will

A. hurt/be very uncomfortable

B. it WILL wind you if you trip and land on anything as its right on your stomach,lung area

it does how ever baring the obvious use of holding maps and documents make a very handy dump/spend mag pouch,now i have only used this rig with and m16 and you can only fit 4 mags in it before you run out of room

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/aim...ig/PIC_0012.jpg

pros

*very comfortable

*lots of carry room

*can be cabined with webbing or rucksacks

*will fit nearly all mags except p90 mags

*very well made i got mine ex issue from a friend of my mums nearly 10 years ago and after me using and beating the ###### out of the thing its still in very good condition

cons

*pouches are VERY noise to open so not good for recon people or snipers

*depending on witch arm is your primary you can open the outside mag pouches by accident when raising you weapon

*you can wind yourself if your not careful when wearing the vest

*very difficult to crawl in but most vests and rigs arnt designed for that so

in conclusion this is an exelent rig if you don't have much to carry and realise its practical use but the added advantage is that you can just add a web belt with more pouches and your away

Edited by aimpoint
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...