golfers confession

mig_eater

A catholic golfer goes to confession.

He confessed to the priest that he had taken the Lord's name in vain and asked for forgiveness. The priest provided the assurance he looked for and then, being a golfer himself, expressed his curiosity as to what happened.

The man relayed the story:

Man: "I was on the par 4 8th tee and I hit the perfect drive! Long, true...it must have gone at least 250 and landed just 40 feet from the edge of the green!"

Priest: (confused) "It was then you took the Lord's name in vain?"

Man: "Oh, no! I was overjoyed! But after the ball came to rest a squirrel ran out, picked up the ball, and began running toward the trees."

Priest: "Ahhhh...it was THEN that you took the Lord's name in vain!"

Man: "No...not yet. Just then a bird flew down, startling the squirrel, who dropped the ball. The bird then picked up the ball and began to fly away."

Priest: "Ok. THEN you took the Lord's name in vain?"

Man: "No...not yet. The bird flew over the green and dropped the ball. It landed about 6 inches from the cup!"

Priest: (now confused again) "It was then you took the Lord's name in vain?"

Man: No...not yet...

(Long pause...............)

Priest (sighing): "you missed the putt didn't you"

A man goes out to play a round of golf at 6am every Sunday morning. He's done this for the last 10 years. One morning, he gets up, puts on his golf clothes, and opens the door. Outside is the worst storm the country's ever seen. Torrential rain, gale force winds, freezing cold. The man struggles to his car and drives to the end of his road before giving up. He turns round and goes home.

At home, he dejectedly climbs the stairs, undresses and gets back into bed. Hearing his wife stir, he says "That's the worst storm I've ever seen out there." His wife replys, "I know. And my stupid husband is out in it."

:zorro:

Archived