M733 Length Barrel + KAC suppressor

sp00n

With the M733 length outer barrel plus the KAC Q/D Suppressor would a standard length M4 barrel (363mm) still fit without poking out a bit? I cant seem to find a consistant measurment of the suppressor anywhere.

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...C_cat_Silencers

(link to the suppressor if you dont know offhand what Im talking about)

The suppressor looks a bit longer than 63mm, which is the difference between the M733 barrel (300mm) and M4 barrel (363mm). So the inner barrel won't poke out. You'll probably need to bore the end of the outer barrel to get the extended inner barrel through. A round file will suffice, if you can't find a 8.5mm drill.

You won't notice any practical difference (fps, accuracy...) compared to a standard length barrel, so think carefully do you want to have the suppressor always attached. Especially as it has a neat quick detach feature.

-Sale

Sale, remember, the KAC supressor goes OVER the flash hider, so it looks like he'd be cutting it VERY close.

And like you said, barrels run through sileencers is very overrated.

I dont see how its over-rated, I had an M4 barrel through the suppressor of my old P90 and loved it. Smaller gun with a long barrel. Just in this case itll look smaller but be about the same size.. I really just like the look of it and would rather not sacrifice barrel length, its part of a project Im going to do eventually.

Do you love the idea of a longer barrel, or have you actually measured some results? I really don't see an advantage in switching from 300mm to 363mm. I've shot quite a few guns and usually when the barrel length goes over 200-250mm, increase in length will not significantly affect accuracy or muzzle velocity anymore.

-Sale

Do you love the idea of a longer barrel, or have you actually measured some results? I really don't see an advantage in switching from 300mm to 363mm. I've shot quite a few guns and usually when the barrel length goes over 200-250mm, increase in length will not significantly affect accuracy or muzzle velocity anymore.

-Sale

Um, Ive done this before in a P90 and I was just asking if it was gunna fit.

What Im going to do is buy a stock M4 and put the G&P M733 front set on and a KAC suppressor, itll work, and Ill get the looks I was wanting.

Ah, now I get it. So the starting point is an M4 and you just change the cosmetics of the front end. I thought you had an M733, which you were about to extend.

Expect to drill or dremel the end of the outer barrel a little, to let the inner barrel protrude. That should be the only modification required and I assume you're familiar with this, because most likely you had to do the same thing when you installed the long barrel on your P90.

-Sale

Archived