Eye Protection

Killdisney

Hmm, those holes on what would be the cheek bone look a bit big.  Surely a mask with holes in it defeats the object of a mask? 

Also I would be wary of plastic lenses when compared to mesh lenses.  Nothing breathes like mesh.  Regardless of how anti fog a lens can be it can still fog up if you push it hard enough.

I am getting a sensei mask, but I wear normal glasses underneath, otherwise I would be loathe to use one for this very reason. I will probably reshape the bottom half of the mask to prevent the water dripping thing but still protect my teeth and mouth area.

I wear perscription glasses so the main problem is that the they mist up however good your outer goggle/glasses are.

I use Oakley goggles with a thin balaclava for CQB, they cause less fogging than the mesh visors which are too dark and you can't make out steps and trip hazards. I believe this is the safest conpromise. The Oakleys mist up less than any paintball goggle I have ever tried (thermal lens included) even when wearing a lot of gear and running.

For woodland skirmishing I use shooting glasses as I can wipe the inside without removing them and they give a better view. Sometimes wear a scrim scarf over the face. I have lost a tooth from a close range shot from a Hot AEG. It was quite expensive to fix and I know others with similar stories, they also still tend to wear glasses or goggles rather than full face protection. Comfort is nearly as important as coverage for most people.

TIP for keeping lenses clean is to clean them with lense cleaner before use and coat the inside with antifog or a very thin layer of washing up liquid or baby soap (which is better). Put a small blob (technical phrase) of soap on your finger tip, this will be enough to cover the inside of the goggle. It should remain fog free for a couple of hours.

TWK.

Archived