Bolt Action

airsoft newcomer

I’m new to airsoft and was considering buying a Tokyo Marui VSR10 which as far as I could tell from some research was cheaper than a fully automatic gun, quiet sturdy for the price and had some nice features like recoil (plus not needing batteries and chargers which I cant afford right now) being poor at the moment though I cannot do it up as a sniper rifle so would I be able to hold my own in a woodland battle or is it worth trying out the TM boys M4A1 Colt Carbine which is also cheaper, uses AA batteries and is fully auto.

Not wanting to keep going on about Arnie-Geddon, but in the games we ran, we found that skill was generally the deciding factor. BeAsT from Spectre Wargames prefers to use a SOCOM NBB and a bolt action rifle over an AEG. I'd ignore the TM Boys gun, which really is intended as a kids/plinking gun, and get the bolt action. If you play with skill, it'll be up to the task. Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

it's better than the m4 boys....thou I heard earlier on tht they originally intended to put the VSR in the boys series...but cuz it will lower it sale they didnt...

anyway tht thing on the marui site abt the recoil is ****.....you only get recoil from gas guns....not even an AEG has recoil....to get true recoil you need a classic gun....but they are probably over your price range...

I haven't had much experience with airsoft guns but i ordered a VSR10 G-SPEC a few months ago and in my opinion it was absolute Knickers! it weighs practically nothing and doesn't feel sturdy at all, as for the trigger pull i thought that was worse it just felt horrible to hold and shoot, and as for the recoil they're talking ********! This of course is just my personal opinion. Sorry if its put you off. <_<

Archived