Help for a noob.

Hoppum

Hi there everyone. For the last 2 years me and my friends have enjoyed skirmishing with cheap spring airsoft pistols off our local market. I am about to come into some money and have decided to buy a good quality gun (or 2). Firstly i was wondering if there are any websites that sell good quality used airsoft guns (Tokyo Marui etc.) as i cannot afford to get a first hand one let alone a battery pack to go with it. If no then would you be able to tell me if the following guns are any good:

http://www.airsoftarmoury.co.uk/product_in...0bef243720cd542

http://www.airsoftarmoury.co.uk/product_in...0bef243720cd542

As these are what i am planning on getting if i cannot lay my hands on a tokyo marui.

If i was to get these guns what accessories would i need to use them fully straight away?

I already have some good quality 0.23g bb's and im wondering if they would be the right weight for these guns. I was also planning on getting FIMO Inter Corp Green Gas and would it be worth purchasing a speed loader like this one:

http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/...id=BBMAGSPDLOAD

If this is not recomended, what would you recomend?

I know this is alot of questions but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Both guns are good, although you will probably want to find a metal bolt for the MAC 11, so that bumps the cost up. .23s should be fine, although I tend to use .2s in most of my pistols. To use the guns right away, you'd need gas and ammo. Extra magazines would be a good idea. A speedloader is worthy addition, especially if you're loading pistol mags a lot, which you would be. As for second hand guns, Airsoft Scotland sometimes have them, but your best bet is the Sales section of these 'ere forums.

Oh, and have you considered one of these? Full metal, full auto, and Beretta am better than Glock. :D

:zorro:

try uncompany.com they gave real good deal on glocks if you are inertested in glocks. The new KJW 32c is 85 and the metal version is 110. i dont know what this is in UK but KWA is usualy 130 for a glock in america, and doesnt include trademarks(cant stand glocks w/o trademarks!)

I don't know how good the HFC M9 is, but I hope it's better than their earlier versions.

As for the Mac-11 or 23f, I'd recommend the 23f. The magazine capacity isn't as much as the Mac-11 (unless you buy the 50rnd mags for it) but the accuracy on semi is superior to that of the Mac-11 which almost demands a lot of extra mags with the insane ROF. That, and she sometimes complains if you use her on semi a lot. She likes it on full auto and she's darned good at it, but with an 1100rpm rate of fire, that 50 round mag goes faaaast. 2.4 seconds by my watch. You'll go broke buying gas and BBs to feed her insatiable appetite.

I have the KWA Glock 18C and its a brilliant gun don't get me wrong. However, I would spend the extra tenner on the HFC 190, because you get what the Glock 18C does best - Full auto, as well as being full metal, whereas the Glock only comes plastic as standard...I would like to point out the KWA plastic on the G18 is very good though...I have not so much as a blemish on my gun and I've had it for half a year with all its original parts.

How much money will you have is really the question, because say you had 100 quid that means you could either buy a HFC 190 with a can of gas, or get a Glock 19 metal slide with an extra mag, a can of gas and a few thousand bb's.

Hope this helps,

Ant :)

EDIT: Also go with what sledge said...Stay with UK companies to begin with, once you know how much extra or cheaper international orders are going to be...start having a look at them. To be frank, a decent AEG + starter pack from Airsoft Armoruy is about 250 quid, you may save 30 quid from ordering online but then again you may get raped by customs and it may work out to be dearer in the end :(

kwa m11 and kwa G23f, both good guns...

m11

FPS* is around 300-320

RPM* is around 1100-1200

weight is around 1.3kg

metal parts are;- mag, barrel, stock, sling swivel, safety catch.

trades - yes, full

G23f

FPS* is around 300-320

RPM* is around 850

weight is around 650-750g (IIRC)

metal parts are;- mag, slide catch, selector (not sure about that)

trades;- partly, it says milspec and milspec standard

both are full and semi, although the m11 doesn't really like firing on semi that much and prefers full auto... the Glock functions much better on semi (like any normal pistol) the G23fs full auto is fantastic... the shots go absolutely everywhere because of the recoil... the m11 on the other hand, has good recoil, but is much more accurate than the G23f on full auto.

the m11 CAN run on green gas perfectly well, but you may want to be careful if it's hotter than say... 25 ish degrees.

the G23f can run on green perfectly too.

* = on HFC green gas with .2s

Archived