P226 frame disassembly

jackie_rants

There doesn't seem to be any gas venting. I swapped out the hammer spring back to the original and the gun works fine. My best guess observing the operation of the gun is that the hammer spring causes the hammer to strike very inconsistently. I cannot, however, for the life of me figure out why the hammer spring is making this happen. I have noticed that the overall diameter of the spring itself (not of the coils) is very wide and that this allows very little play in terms of stretching the spring itself. I tried lubing the spring and all parts it touches and still no luck.

Has anyone had similar problems with the guarder hammer spring?

I used a small metal washer to bump up the hammer spring, it works fine on green gas :)

However, the mag won't sit in the frame fully, it's just a tiny bit off somewhere. The (diassembled) top half of the mag will click onto the mag catch perfectly, but a complete mag won't, which leaves me to believe the frame is too tall(??). I've filed tiny areas aroung the mag, mag catch, and the bottom of the frame, but it's still not engaging the mag catch properly.

Any ideas?:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Need to add my thanks to the_sniper as well. This thread helped out considerably when installing my Creation frame.

Hint to people undertaking this, a digital camera to take pictures every step you do is invaluable. I did the same thing, and it helped in figuring out exactly where a spring went to finish everything up.

Well, today's your lucky day. Feel free to shower me with praise, beer, women, etc... ;)

IMG_2014.jpg

You should be able to engage the hammer by holding the part that you have a red dot up against the hammer. The sprint fits in like the picture, which then holds the part up to make everything function as it should.

That's actually the one piece that I'm glad I kept a photo record of how I took it apart, since I had the exact same question.

Just finished, fired a bb and it went, thank God! Now I'm going to bed, then work, and tomorrow I'll open her up again, give her a good clean and a nice slap of silicone on the right parts. Maybe some more filing.

So far I'm a happy chrimbo!

• 2 months later...
Anyone have any problems with the blowback of the p226 with the guarder metal frame and slide on it? In addition, I also have the guarder upgrade springs installed. It seems that the blowback of the gun is very inconsistent. Sometimes the hammer doesn't recock and the blowback does not reload the bb. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey mate,

I just got the guarder slide, springs and frame and I am having this problem, however I'm not entirely sure how part 14 goes together with 10 and 11 and 5??

Too much gas is coming out, the BBs arent loading properly and the slide doesn't snap back when I've finished a mag! Any ideas?

Anyone have any problems with the blowback of the p226 with the guarder metal frame and slide on it? In addition, I also have the guarder upgrade springs installed. It seems that the blowback of the gun is very inconsistent. Sometimes the hammer doesn't recock and the blowback does not reload the bb. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey mate,

I just got the guarder slide, springs and frame and I am having this problem, however I'm not entirely sure how part 14 goes together with 10 and 11 and 5??

Too much gas is coming out, the BBs arent loading properly and the slide doesn't snap back when I've finished a mag! Any ideas?

Hey mate,

Hey mate,

Hey mate,

Hey mate,

Hey mate,

Hey mate,

Hey mate,

Hey mate,

EDIT: Sorry about the reposts, forums was *fruitcage* up.

Archived