Boom arms V10 barrel

urbandork

I need to know who has it, and what if any problems they are having with it. I installed one and for some reasong it doesnt use that spring/washer/oring set up on the inner barrel that keep the outer barrel back. As a consiquence upon the slide locking back it seems that the area between the chamber and barrel gets jammed under the stock slide. I am wondering if this will happen with a metal slide.

As of now theres no damage (plastic to metal) and all that needs to be dun is for the outer barrel to be pushed back in, with some force. However i am reluctant to try this with a metal slide and allow the barrel to get mangled, if and when it jams up on the slide.

Ive emailed boom arms about it and they say that over 100 pcs. have been sold with no complaints. They offered to put it in my gun themselfs but sending my gun there, and back to the US with full trades on it is risky. More then that they boched my order. Sending me a two tone slide rather then just a silver one. The reason they gave me for this was they didnt have any silver ones and THOUGHT it would be ok to send a TT one instead. Resulting in a product i dont want and now have to send back. Yes, i am not to happy with boom arms at this point. As they didnt email me about the out of stock slide and on a whim send another one and then having their barrel not function properly.

Plus i had my packaged opened my customs so i know i will be charged for that later. Boom arms claims they keep an eye on all order times and find it unlikely that customs opened it. However the fact that packaged came with NEON GREEN tape reading "examined by customs" on it is contrary to their statement.

Ive asked for a refund of both the barrel and slide, but Boom arms will only allow the slide to be returned. As they feel their barrel is fine. Thus i shall modify the barrel to use the spring/washer/o-ring set up that WA put in their gun.

My theory is that in addition to trying to keep the barrel in the same position after each shot for accuracy, this spring system also keeps the outer barrel back while firing. With out it, it just get shoved foward and thus gets forced under the slide when the last round is fired.

Archived