KSC Mk23 2005 version, HW. Order out today!

LoneWolf

Out of the guns I listed in my prev. topic, I like the Mk23 best, but the out-of-the-box performance of the last HW version slightly put me off.

Is the 2005 worth getting?

What have they changed?

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

DISCLAIMER: I wan't to order a GBB today, so please post!!

Out of the guns I listed in my prev. topic, I like the Mk23 best, but the out-of-the-box performance of the last HW version slightly put me off.

Is the 2005 worth getting?

What have they changed?

Cheers,

Mike

DISCLAIMER: I wan't to order a GBB today, so please post!!

Seems ok to me although I do have a TN barrel, and I have now adopted a policy of only running all my guns on 134A since I saw the damage done to the inside of my TMP.

Personally though there is somthing about my mates TM Socom that is pure sex. The slide is stationary, but as a result with the suppresor its virually silent, and shoots straighter than any gun I have ever seen

Is the KSC Mk23 HeavyWeight 2005 realible out of the box? PLEASE ANSWER! I need to order a GBB tonight! PLEASE!

(I've searched, and I'm mixed...)

If there are any problems with it, how do I fix them?

Cheers,

Mike

(rep points for allllll who contribute :P)

Is the KSC Mk23 HeavyWeight 2005 realible out of the box? PLEASE ANSWER! I need to order a GBB tonight! PLEASE!

(I've searched, and I'm mixed...)

If there are any problems with it, how do I fix them?

Cheers,

Mike

(rep points for allllll who contribute :P)

All I can say its a KSC, they make nice guns. If I was in the market for a GBB socom I would get that one. Ultimatly I would go with a gun that only has positive reviews. So if you are stuck on getting a socom get the TM one.

:Dr_Evil:

Nah, if you want a GBB SOCOM, the TM one will leave you disappointed.

I had one for a while and a KSC - There's no contest...

If, though, you want an accurate, quiet NBB, then the Mk23's pretty good.

Cheers.

Errr... since when did tm make a GBB socom? What I was suggesting was that if he has his heart set on a socom (no reference to g/nbb here) I would go with the TM.

Errr... since when did tm make a GBB socom? What I was suggesting was that if he has his heart set on a socom (no reference to g/nbb here) I would go with the TM.

err - since when did I say they did...?

What I was suggesting was that if he wanted a GBB (as he does, it seems), the NBB TM will be a disappointment.

You really cannot say the TM is comparable to the KSC, they're just too different.

The TM is basically a springer with gas internals. The KSC is two or three classes ahead in quality, in HW form, anyway.

Cheers.

What will be, will be.

I just ordered my GBB.

*drumroll*

KSC Mk23 HeavyWeight 2005 with Guarder recoil/hammer spring. :P

FINALLY!

Can I shoot the gun with GreenGas? or should I upgrade something?

Cheers,

Mike

What will be, will be.

I just ordered my GBB.

*drumroll*

KSC Mk23 HeavyWeight 2005 with Guarder recoil/hammer spring. :P 

FINALLY!

Can I shoot the gun with GreenGas? or should I upgrade something?

Cheers,

Mike

Should be fine with green. Get a metal slide later (if they have em for the KSC).

Get a metal slide later (if they have em for the KSC).

They do - Truly droolworthy, too :)

Only reason I sold my first HW was to pay for one already upgraded to metal...

Will be OK on green except in warm weather, but parts availability is good for the Mk23.

Cheers.

I can vouch for the 2005 version of the GBB SOCOM.

The improvements over the previous version are quite significant, including a valve larger in diameter and a single recoil spring setup rather than the more realistic dual spring one. Blowback is really nice.

If you do the recoil spring (I guess you mean the Guarder Set with recoil/hammer spring and the reinforced sear pin), be aware, that the ABS slide will finally give up (mine did, but I have the non-HW version). Get the precision barrel as well, it's worth it. :D

Also, if you have the budget, get yourself a shooters design metal slide. It's quite expensive, but extremely well made. Give the gun a nice feel.

I don't know whether it's a common problem, but my slide catch lever gave up after a few hundred mags, so the slide does not stay back anymore when the mag's empty.

Currently trying to get a new slide catch lever (part 52), but have not been successful yet.

Ideas? :unsure:

I think the 2005 version's mag is also more effecient than older versions.

Recently I put an SD slide on a HW. The slide is nice but dear. Clear markings with a super clean finish, in a very dark grey/brown. Gives a good *clack* when racking. The bit sticking out near the chamber is spring loaded! Also, it was very easy to fit.

The Guarder 150% dual-recoil and hammer spring springs didn't seem to affect anything drastically, eg. the slide snapping back and forth, but I'm sure it helps the overall-ness of it.

post-105-1131064903_thumb.jpg

Archived