Selling Second Hand guitars online...

Crazy_Harry

hi all, I've a rather minty fresh 1981 gibson les paul custom that I want to sell, but I'm trying to sell it online- don't want to use ebay as its kinda price and I don't reckon I'll get my moneys worth there!

I want to shift it for around the £900-950 mark, and I was hoping one or more of you chaps would be able to recommend a good site that I can post an add in that will actually receive hits from interested guitarists willing to spend that sort of money!

help me out guys!

forums are always good. try them. any forum that has a for sale.

btw, what colour is it?

i just got a 81 custom, black beauty from the US, cost more than 950.

you could prob get at least 1200 pending the condition.

oh yeah.....is it an original '81 or re-issue?

play like a bee-atch dont they. :D

they do indeed :)

the one I'm selling is a white one in near perfect condition- I could probably get more for it, but I'm looking to sell it as fast as possible without going below £900- it's partowned between myself and my sister, and both of us need the money right now!

and, of course, my ACTUAL guitar is a rather lovely 1971 custom in black :) - bit more beat up than the white, but it simply oozes tone out of those lovely old pick-ups. this one I'd never sell.

had a look on some UK forums, but none seem to have a great deal of action on them- ebay seems to be the only place, short of flogging it to a shop or taipsing round birminghams music stores putting up notices :(

i have a vintage replica of the les paul... paid under £200 for it... fretboard is not too bad but it could be better... came with real nice hummbuckers for that price... i wanna get rid of it too... it's got chips on the paintwork on the top part (near the machine heads) and minor scratches that cant be seen unless you stick your face onto the guitar... i wanna sell it too... oh yeh it's in sunburst (i think that's what they call it)

no indeed :)

still, ebay's turned up a couple of guys who "might" be interested- might even lower the price to £900 for one of them if I've had no joy by tomorrow- really skint and supposed to be getting married next year! plus I'm moving to the states where £450 goes a really long way. unlike here in the UK where thats about the cost of a ginster's pasty...

news update:

alright! got a chap who seems interested, gonna call him tonight (can't stand selling stuff on ebay- don't mind buying, but all the sales I've done on ebay always conclude privately, as it just seems, well, more civilised!), so fingers crossed...

Archived