What Would Be Easier (for me and my wallet)?

Pain_is_Red

I have been looking around at reviews and so called upgrade guides for the VSR-10 G-Spec, and come up with two options: I can either buy the gun in the US and upgrade it myself (sears, setpin and spring) for 350$ or I can get it upgraded from RedWolf for 350$.

Let me first say that I have never taken any of my guns apart, other than my KWC Desert Eagle (and almost lost the safety spring).

I have heard mixed things about the take down of the gun (especially the sears and setpin) and I have seen only one guide with pictures on the take down and disassembly of the cylinder but nothing on the sears.

So my question to you people out there is, what would be better for a tech noob like myself? I can get the gun upgraded in HK and possibly deal with a customs charge. Or I can deal with the hastle of trying to upgrade it myself. Like I said I have no clue on the difficulty of the upgrading process of this gun, so any help/personal experience you can relate would be great.

thanks,

Pain

I'd say get it done for you. Are there any airsoft retailers around you that could do the job for you? And for what prices, if there are?

If not, best leave it to RedWolf to do it for you, I'd rather pay a customs charge for the upgraded gun than risk buggering up the internals and having to go through the ballache of sending it back to be repaired.

local skirmish site.

I wish! But I live in MA, airsoft capital of the world!. We don't have a local skirmish site around here, but maybe in a few years though, I mean last year you couldn't even find a Marui AEG in a store, now we have 3 stores selling them! Its mostly paintball around here. There is one airsoft range in Orange but that is all the way over in East Bum, and I don't think they do upgrades or repairs there.

I would ask the shops that sell the AEGs, but they only sell them, they don't do ANY thing will void warranty.

I wish! But I live in MA, airsoft capital of the world!. We don't have a local skirmish site around here, but maybe in a few years though, I mean last year you couldn't even find a Marui AEG in a store, now we have 3 stores selling them! Its mostly paintball around here. There is one airsoft range in Orange but that is all the way over in East Bum, and I don't think they do upgrades or repairs there.

I would ask the shops that sell the AEGs, but they only sell them, they don't do ANY thing will void warranty.

You live in MA and you don't know that there is games going on?.... Haven't you ever heard of Tolcom? Im sending you a PM.

You live in MA and you don't know that there is games going on?.... Haven't you ever heard of Tolcom? Im sending you a PM.

Not that much of a die-hard fan to go to those big games, I just like get together with a select group of friends and have a few battles/scenarios.

But I digress back to the topic.

man, you are lucky to live there, here in NY, there arent event any stores for it. Barely anyone knows about it. It can get pretty boring waiting my friends to come up from NJ for us to play.

BTW, I had redwolf do MY upgrade.

Archived