M16A2

powelly

Hi i have just ordered a systema reinforced hop up chamber and i have just had a look at my gun as the hop is now and i tried to take out the lower part of the hop up and i cant get it past the nozzle!(i thinks its the nozzle!) can anyone help! pics preferred if possible, i can try and get sum pics up of what i mean (hopefully)

You need to remove the pin above the trigger, grip, stock and mag catch to remove the gearbox from the lower receiver. You can then remove the feed tube and make necessary cuts in the lower receiver, so it will accept the one piece hop up chamber. At least the Systema part comes with detailed instructions where you need to modify the lower receiver.

When you put the gun back together, it goes differently. First you slide the mech box into the upper receiver (with barrel and hop chamber in place obviously). Then you put the lower receiver on the mech box and attach all parts (grip, stock etc.).

As you might have noticed, you will eliminate the quick takedown feature of the gun. You'll get it back if you get a metal receiver. It'll be a bit different because the upper will slide off straight to the front instead of tilting, but it's just as quick. I think all of the metal receivers on the market can easily be modified for takedown and there are threads about it on these forums. I've done this to my Guarder receiver, and a respected member successfully converted his Hurricane receivers. Search if you're interested.

-Sale

Well, I have a Guarder steel outer barrel on my M4. It has an extension piece so I can make it an SMG-sized 10" model or regular 14.5" model. To change the inner barrel from 247mm to 363mm or vice versa without any tools (other than _anything_ to knock out the pivot pin), a quick takedown is quite handy.

It's also useful if you have a long gun and want to transport it in a shorter bag. I can fit my M4 in a suitcase with the upper and lower separated, when it's in the 10" barrel configuration.

-Sale

Archived