KSC USPc Slide too loose?

Miah

Been tinkering w/ my newly purchased USPc & installed the SD slide that came with it.

Unfortunately it looks like possibly the previous owner had to sand it a bit too much...slide has more wobble than the original. It also has other niggling irritations that seem unusual for such a highly praised brandname.

Any way to tighten things back up just a hair? Would something like a thin coat of fingernail polish or the like on parts of the rails snug it up w/o causing problems?

Also considering same thing for the front sight...it's a little bit loose & I don't want to lose it since I haven't seen much in the way of replacement parts available in the US.

Finally... anyone know if the $50 metal slide that eHobby Asia sells on Ebay is any good? If this SD slide is screwed then I'd just want to replace it w/ something else & I'm not about to spend $150-200 for a metal SD slide to put on a $100 gun.

Thanks

Miah

The SD slides are notorious for being too loose, since they're designed to be drop-in replacements, done by even inexperiences installers. I will stay away from them and go with PGC, since they're slides are nice and tight and can be made to fit just right.

You could try and implement an "accu-rail" type of solution, as described by DumboRAT in his double 1911 review at this very website. Check it out.

As for the front sight, superglue will be fine.

I have the $50 KSC slide and I got it from eHobby Asia coincidently. It looks nice and fits, but doesnt cycle as smooth as it did when cycled by hand. I can't seem to find the rub points.

Maybe it just needs breaking in, i dunno. Anyway, for what it's worth, the gun still shoots just fine.

I really wish I could find a tougher recoil spring for it because I think that would solve a lot of the problem. It didnt seem the spring was strong enough even w/the original KWA metal slide.

Anybody know where I might find one?

You can improvise. I got a seriously stiff recoil spring for my KWA G19 from a broken TM USP springer. Never seen such a snappy moving slide on a GBB. A lot of KWC Mini UZI owners have found a cure for gas consumption from replacing the stock piston head with a piston head made for the Hi-Capa - only slightly modified. Maybe there's another recoil spring that might fit?

-Sale

have you sanded the inside of the slide? under where the front site is located, sometimes theres excess metal here causes jamming with the outer barrel during cycling.

usually all it takes is some time and sanding, pick up some 800 and 1800 grit sandpaper. after cycling the gun a few times, disassemble the upper pieces to see where scratches or wear has accumulated and sand them lightly. first with 800 to remove easier, then 1800 to finish off.

Thanks for the info. I'll have a look at some of my springers and see if I can find something.

And Miah, I had a loose front sight too, I just stuck a VERY VERY small bit of paper under it as a shim and it's pretty tight now. just experiment w/different lengths.

I ended up with about a 4mm strip of paper. It's crazy how such a small amount will make a huge difference.

Okay, update. i took Sale's advice and looked through my springers for a beefier spring and lo and behold I found one in an el cheapo UHC USP. Worked wonders and my USPc now cycles like my G18C w/ guarder upgrade recoil spring!

It still doesnt cycle ALL the way forward occasionally when pointing the gun straight upwards, but I'll blame gravity for that for now. I'm just too tickled at the moment.

thanks again Sale.

So Dann...The eHobby slide is a metal KSC...with trades? I was looking at that one myself, your info may push me over the edge to buy. :)

Some advice I saw on the recoil spring is to get a stock one from KSC G19, it was supposedly the perfect size, even better than the proud enhanced recoil spring.

Thanks for all the advice, going to try the paper fix right now.

Miah

Yeah I'm not totally sure on the make of the slide, but the auctions say KSC, so I'm led to believe that's what it is.

Anyway, it DOES have trades, though they are laser engraved and an off-whitish color. The laser engraving doesnt make the trades very deep, so they're probably easily scratched, but they're good enough for me. Especially for the price.

Good luck on your modding!

Archived