ICS mp5a5 vs. CA mp5a3

vigilante

i know,im sorry. im shipping them the m4 tomorrow then when they get it ill be able to use store credit, but i just dont know what my best option is and i dont want to f*ck it up or my parents will never consider letting me get an airsoft ever again

*edit* and its probably the CA G36c, if not then one of the mp5s

i know,im sorry. im shipping them the m4 tomorrow then when they get it ill be able to use store credit, but i just dont know what my best option is and i dont want to f*ck it up or my parents will never consider letting me get an airsoft ever again

*edit* and its probably the CA G36c, if not then one of the mp5s

The only thing you may f*ck is to shoot people with your new toy, and got them in the eye or something (so always wear protection when you play). All the guns are pretty much the same. No one is anymore impressive than another in performance (in stock form). In appearance and weight, that's totally personal taste.

You said you manage to fit the battery in, did you test fire your M4? How do you like the performance? You also mentioned before that your dad's into airsoft now too? How did he think about the M4?

You know the G36c is not a light piece either(one of your arguments against the M4 was that it was heavy). Did you read Arnie's review on that? It's got to be the looooongest airsoft review I've ever read. :P

Without looking, I'd be surprised if the CA36 was 5lbs weight. The Academy SA80 I just bought weighs 8lbs.

[edit]

According to this: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/r...36c_review1.htm which I'm guessing you didn't bother with, the gun, itself, weighs 6lbs so it's unlikely that the shipping weight is 5lbs...

...unless CA ship the guns packaged in bubble-wrap filled with helium, of course. :rolleyes:

*sigh

A thread comparing CA and ICS MP5s. How original.

ICS

- Cheaper

- Lighter

- Easier to take apart

- Less powerful

- No trademarks (few as they are)

- Incorrect rear sights

Tappet plate is weak point and will probably break and require replacement after between 5,000 and 10,000 shots.

CA

- Heavier

- More Expensive

- More powerful

- Correct trademarks

- Correct rear sights

- Harder to take apart

Spring guide is weak point of these guns. Expect it to break, and require replacing, somewhere between 5,000 and 10,000 shots.

Personally, I reckon the CA gun looks the more authentic of the two. It's more powerful than the ICS gun too, although it's a bit more expensive.

The ICS gun, on the other hand, is cheaper and, because it's easier to take to bits, it'll be easier to fix the tappet plate when it breaks.

Now, can somebody paste this into the noobs guide so I'll never have to repeat myself again?

How about the Arms elite M-15a2 dose any thing on them brake after so many shots?

muaha i sold my m4 to my friend for 300 bucks so i can buy from anywhere

im guessing for anywhere near that price range its impossible to get a TM p90 with a pre-upgraded tune-up kit, or metal body, or something? whenever i look at guns i see the p90 and wish that i had one but then i remember i cant afford one (or at least a non-plastic one)

muaha i sold my m4 to my friend for 300 bucks so i can buy from anywhere

im guessing for anywhere near that price range its impossible to get a TM p90  with a pre-upgraded tune-up kit, or metal body, or something? whenever i look at guns i see the p90 and wish that i had one but then i remember i cant afford one (or at least a non-plastic one)

Heh, back to square one, eh?

What's so terrible with plastic body on AEG anyway? It's not like a GBB where plastic slide tends to break.

well i have held my friends 6 month old m733 and it seems like its falling apart, and its really creaky and the barrel feels unstable to hold. he may have just treated it badly, i dont know...

its doesnt matter what you get, if you misstreat it it will break.

if weight is you concern then go back to the ICS mp5, its light (ish) metal and can take a few knocks.

here's mine:

http://home.clara.net/teoti/teoti/afterhou...ft/armoury.html

the G36 was nice, not tried the CA one, but the mp5 is much more compact

How about we all just don't read the newbie discussion section of the board if we are all so irritated by repetitive questions???

What else is to be expected people for christ's sake. Either be helpful or leave the poor mofo alone and read something more interesting

cool site TEOTI ill check it out. my friend says that his friend had an ICS MP5A4 and that the fuse (or something like that) keeps breaking whenever hes playing and that his gun is now not working at all

ta. its my site btw, it just hasnt been updated for ages!

and if the fuse keeps breaking it means he's got something majorly wong, get the gun serviced :)

The only problem I've ever had is the old tappet plate snap, and that is very easy to cure, eirth just replace the plate and carry on until it breaks again (it can take ages) or file 0.5mm off the gearbox casing that breaks the tappet in the first place

Archived