WW2 Theme day 19th March

seg

Close Action are holding another WW2 theme day. This will be at our new Mil Sim site just off Junction 4 of the M42.

The event kicks of at 1000hrs and plays on untill 1630 with a scenario based on the fighting around Eindhoven during the airborne Market Garden operation in 1944.

We welcome players in period kit but don't worry if you have not got it, come anyway. This is a mil sim event so low caps, bolt action weapons as standard. High caps will be limited to one only if no low caps available.

Walk on fee is £15 including hot drinks and hire package is £25.

This will be a first event at this site so why not try it out.

Further details let me know

regards

Tony

www.close-action.co.uk

Pics from last event in January

Close Action are holding another WW2 theme day. This will be at our new Mil Sim site just off Junction 4 of the M42.

The event kicks of at 1000hrs and plays on untill 1630 with a scenario based on the fighting around Eindhoven during the airborne Market Garden operation in 1944.

We welcome players in period kit but don't worry if you have not got it, come anyway. This is a mil sim event so low caps, bolt action weapons as standard. High caps will be limited to one only if no low caps available.

Walk on fee is £15 including hot drinks and hire package is £25.

This will be a first event at this site so why not try it out.

Further details let me know

regards

Tony

www.close-action.co.uk

post-1154-1140350348_thumb.jpg

post-1154-1140350363_thumb.jpg

post-1154-1140350376_thumb.jpg

We just finished simming the Battle for Iwo Jima last saturday at the field I run in California... Here are the rules I used to bring WW2 a little more to life, if they are a help to you let me know...

Rules for this op.

Everyone

Grenade rules will be used for rubber grenades limit of 3 per player.

Dressing Authentically encouraged, there will be a contest for the most originally dressed Japanese and American Soldiers.

Regen rules will be used, but will vary for each side over the course of the op. No camping out at regen points will be allowed. Objectives over the course of the op will affect regen.

SAW (i.e. M60 and 249 machineguns will be limited per side, For those wishing to use these weapons PM me so I can get an idea how many of you intend to bring them to the OP.)Those wishing to use these weapons please bring a backup gun incase we have too many SAW's for your side that day.

For the American Marines

1) M14's will be used to simulate BAR rifles, can fire full auto Also for those owning Thompson guns same thing, However!! Only 7 players out of the 35 Marines will have a weapon firing full auto to sim Thompson and BAR weapons, this will also depend on how many SAWs the Marines wish to use, which is also limited. those with an M14 or Thompson will be picked first since they have the actual gun needed over someone with a more modern AEG

3) All other AEG's will be simulating M1 Garand rifles and can only be fired in semi/auto, NO AUTOMATIC fire allowed!!

4) The use of M60 and M249 SAW's will be used to sim 30 cal and 50 cal machineguns, to better sim the use of these weapons a two man team will be required to move the weapon, and the weapon cannot be fired while it is being moved once placed the two men must stay together but the second man can fire his gun. Marines will have three SAW's

For Japanese troops

1) All AEG's will be simulating Japanese Bolt action rifles and can only be fired in Semi/auto only!!!!

2) On M60 and 249 SAW's If a box mag is used on the weapon it will be simulating a type 92 heavy machine gun and need a two man team to move and place the weapon, using the same rules as for the American players (see above).

If a japanese player opts to use an M16/M4 mag in his 249 then he can simulate the type 99 light machine gun and may use it in the same manner as he would use his 249 in a regular game, as a one man weapon, he may fire and move at the same time.

Japanese may field 6 machine guns, two of which must use box mags and sim type 92 machine guns with the above restrictions in use.

3) In the actual battle the orders the orders given were for all troops to hold their positions to the last man!! So Japanese players will hold their positions assigned by their commander, all Defensive positions on the field designated for the Japanese must be defended until captured. There is an exception to this rule... See below.

4) For this op (In the actual battle the only "Banzai" type charge was made only near the end of the battle by the last defenders) there will at random moments be an ordered "Banzai Charge" which must be made by no less then 6 defenders.

Price for this op will be 15 dollars and will include a raffle ticket and our famous "Poor man's buffet" Lunch.

Archived