AUG feeding problem?

Ok so I have my buddy AUG to fix. It has some sort of feeding problem, I checked the Hi-cap and it fee4ds fine and i put some silicone on the feed nozzle but still didnt fix it. Now the feed nozzle wiggles back and forth a bit and I was wondering if that is it. I know how to take the barrel off but i cant get to the feed nozzle to check it out. If someone could help me with this problem then i will give +1 to them.

Thank you and Godbless...

Is it possible that he has adjusted the hop-up too far? To the point where the odd miss-shaped BB is getting jammed? I think this is the cause of my problems as well, as occasionally a BB gets stuck in the hop-up unit.

Maybe you could take a bore cleaning brush (nylon, not metal) to the nozzle when you have the barrel removed, there might be a bit of gunk in it fouling the path of the BBs.

Ok im guessing its a CA, why? My friend had exactly the same problem and I had to fix it. First check the end of the hop up chamber is completely flush with the gearbox, there should be no room between the two. Then put hop up to 0 setting and wind the hell put of your hi-cap. Ive noticed that with CA´s Aug hicaps you have to wind it 3 times more than needed or they dont feed... dont know why. See if that works!

• 3 weeks later...

Do you mean that the AUG still shoots, just every now and then the gun doesnt shoot, like on full auto there will be a second or two it wont shoot?

If this is the case, I think this a very generic problem. I have heard this problem often found in Tokyo Maruis, and I have a BE(yeah,haha) AUG that does the same thing. Its is not a a "problem", persay, and I would not be sure how it is solved.

How well-used is the AUG? Over time the feed nozzle will start to wear down and cause misfires. The best bet if this is the case is to buy a Deepfire metal replacement nozzle. The Iban speed nipple's dimensions seem to be a bit off, and in my experience make feeding worse.

To remove the nozzle to inspect or replace it, you must first remove the gearbox. I'll give a quick explanation if you're unfamiliar with the AUG. Remove the two cross-screws at the top and bottom rear of the stock. Remove the plate inside the rear of the stock (2 screws). Pull the gearbox out the rear of the stock (you may need to spread the stock a bit, this is why I recommend removing the cross screws). Once the gearbox is out, you can get to the feed nipple tray. It should slide right out the back once the gearbox is out. You may need to fiddle with it a bit, as it sits in a set of tracks, but you will figure it out by looking at it.

Good luck!

Archived