AUG Hop Replacement (metal?)

smirnoff

I've got an AUG Mil which i want to replace the damaged hop unit in...

Probably gonna go for a metal replacement unit... but i have a few questions:

1) Which is the best metal AUG hop to get? I've seen a PDC version (it says a completey re-designed mechanism) and a G&P version. So which one is the one to get? (both on DEN shop)

2) Linked to the above question, which is easiest to fit? And would it be relatively easy to fit? Dont wanna have springs and all kinda bits flying around all over the place really! The G&P one looks like it comes with a load of parts, whereas the PDC one seems to be an enclosed unit

3) Will the PDC "redesigned" unit fit without modifications?

My hop unit is still working, its just the ring that says "Hop ->" on it has snapped off so it doesnt hold the hop-adjust dial on anymore. Not a major problem i know, but it'd be nice for it to be 100%

Any help appreciated!

Cheers :)

1. G&P

2. no matter which one you get, you are going to have to assemble them onto the barrel in pieces, though the installation is a simple precedure

3. depends on what your definition of "modifications" is, no dremmels or blowtorches (j/k) are required in the installation of any of the hopup units you have mentioned.

If your really not comfortable with installing the hopup unit, you could always get AD or wolfs lair to do it for you, for a small fee of course ;)

Archived