Beretta M8045 Inox

Most people here won't have experience with this particular model, but I may as well ask.

Anyways, perhaps thanks to luck, I came across not one but TWO amazing deals for a Western Arms Beretta M8045 Inox (well, not 'a', 'some'), and here in Canuckville this is a rarity. Not only that, it seems almost every retailer on the planet is out- no matter, we can't import from out-of-country in Canada anyways.

Nonetheless, has anybody had any experience with this particular model? Arnies and Airsoft Canada brought nearly nothing except the heavyweight-slide black version, which Snowman (the owner of over 100 pistols), and EvilHippy (the owner of over 87 GBBs, AEGs and brand-name shotties) both claim to be one of their best weapons. There is no mention of the Inox model.

M8045aa1.jpg

I don´t have one myself, but remembering that when WA updated their M8045 into SCW caste, they didn´t release an Inox version (or haven´t released yet, at least). So all their Inox M8045s are older, non-SCW versions. This means that it´s regular ABS plastic, since WA (and many other manufacturers at that time) couldn´t get their "silver" paint to stick on HW plastic back then. I suspect that Inox version feels a tad less hefty than its black HW counterpart, also prolonged use with stronger gasses might cause some accelerated wear (well, at least faster than with HW plastics). Silver paint is also prone to chipping & flaking.

It´s a nice looking gun, though, and I´ve been waiting for WA to release an Inox SCW version. Just because most pre-SCWs are indeed out of stock everywhere.

• 2 months later...

Cougar am get.

The gun's a beauty- however, I have to replace the upper seal on the chrome mag. The other 2 mags leak a little, I've soaked them in silicone oil- it's fixed one, but the other's being a pain in the *albartroth*. However, the gun's amazing- couldn't have made a better choice. Runs awesome on propane, the flow restrictor works wonders on this (the only Beretta that can take it).

Archived