STAR G3 Mags?

Nello

I've looked around at Star Airsoft's website, and I am looking to buy a set of STAR 20 round G3 real capacity magazines. I have only seen them in Hong Kong stores, but I was wondering if anyone in the United States has seen these being sold in the US. I am buying these for my M41, as I think it's a better price to buy 10 magazines over 1 magazine that costs a little bit less but only holds 70 versus 10 mags with 200 rounds.

If no one knows where I can get them in the US, I guess I'll try ordering from WGC Shop. The only reason why I like buying in the US is because of shipping. If it wasn't like 40-50 dollars shipping, I wouldn't mind buying overseas, but this seems like the only option unless someone knows another retailer in the US.

Thanks!

Where I come from, they frown upon hicaps. After buying a SAR Offizier M41, it came with one 500 round hicap, and their belief is,"I HATE HICAPS! They're for Noobs!", and they're really big on Military Simulation (mil-sim). Some of their events are strictly mil-sim, and I can't afford using hicaps because there are ammo restrictions, so I want to be able to play and discipline myself on wasting rounds.

Eh, that sucks. No Star G3 Magazines around in the United States. :( I'll just have to order from WGC Shop then.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a side note. If you are order them from HK retailer, and

If you get 3x TM G3 standard magazine, they cost around about 66USD.

Star G3 magazines box set costs about 52USD.

3x TM G3 standard mag is about 204rd capacity in total.

10x Star G3 magazine box set is about 200rd capacity in total.

For shipping,(in general)

You pay around about 16USD for 3x TM G3 mags.

You pay 10x Star G3 mags for about 30USD.

In total, TM G3 mags will cost 82USD.

Star G3 mags set will cost 82USD.

Same money, but you get metal magazines instead, and you can trust its reliability and durability.(since it's TM and metal mag shell.)

If you fire on fullauto, 20rds will be emptied like in 1.5seconds.(or less) If you fire on burst control, that is about 4 squeeze.(or less)

Having 20rd of 7.62mm caliber per mag makes sense in real world, because mostly they are fired on semiauto fashion for assault rifles. However, in airsoft reality, semiauto on AEG is utter-######(unless for PSG1, though I still think delay between each shot is still bit longish) and relibility is not up there. So if you consider this, 20rd per mag won't be much pratical for skirmish.

I'd say I would go with TM standard mags. Star G3 mag set is not really a cheaper deal, unless if they were midcaps. Though, it is indeed only solution if you want to carry realistic capacity per mag and at the same time having 10mags instead of 3 at the price.

Just my .02 cents.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a mil sim guy. I hate high capacity mags with my heart. I do like to carry mags in realistic load out and treat my airsoft guns like when I'm treating real guns.

In mil sim aspect, if you allow me to be picky, not all the time but for most of the time, firing G3 on fullauto is impractical from the start. Then again, semiauto never works reliably on AEGs.(at least to my exprience)

Airsoft BB never have penetration-ability like actual bullet does. And if you engage fight on dense forest, you will fire a lot more than what you would with the real rifle.

It's just a fact I found that there must be a compromisation between realism and airsoft in order to compensate its negativeness for practicality. So have as best as mil sim possible, but consider the nature of airsoft.

This is just the way I deal with it though. I have no intention of pursading any others. As I said before, just my .02 cents. :)

Archived