CA36 inner barrel

otherrandomhero

I just got my CA36E recently, which has a 495mm barrel. It currently is pretty damn accurate, but could use a bit of assistance. I can't find a 495mm tightbore barrel, but i found the prometheus 500mm. How well will this work? Can i take 5mm off the end, or will it work how it is?

I use a Prometheus barrel on my MG 36, it fits no problem.

Only point to consider; my outer barrel and flash hider are G&P not CA, you need to see if the end of the barrel goes into the flash hider with the extra 5mm, if it does you may need to open the hole through the flash hider slightly with a drill. Quickest way to check, unscrew the outer barrel, take the flash hider off the barrel and see if it slides over the inner barrel ok. The longer barrel will only go into the hider by a few mm (if the CA dimentions are the same as G&P) so its not a big issue really.

Just been into the loft to find the packaging for my Prometheus barrel (easier than dismantling the gun to measure the barrel); it's acctually the 509mm for M16A1,A2,VN or AUG, so its longer than I thought, you may need to confirm the length of the CA outer barrel, my G&P is 289mm (11 3/8") including the flash hider.

:devil:

The 509 mm will be fine. I actually just put a KM 534mm barrel in my G36E. About 5mm of the barrel is visible through the flash hider (inside the hider that is, not outside). I don't plan on using my barrel as a shovel, so it really won't matter. But to answer the question, an extra 14mm presents no issues.

You will have to bore out the flash hider, it's diameter is about 1mm to narrow to get an inner barrel through.

The good things about boring out the flash hider is that, instead of cutting an inner barrel that's too long or going with one that's too short, I got a SIG550's inner barrel for my CA36 (longest I can find without without sticking beyond the flash hider) and gained around 40mm.

Archived