TM Chrome m92

Handsome Pete

Not one that goes for pimped up and shiny guns, however, having seen Jean Reno wield one in 'Ronin' ive started to think...hhmmm thats nice :P

Anyways, with it being abs and not metal, i wanted to know what the chrome quality is like, does it look cheapo and tacky, does the paint chip to reveal a different colour?

if anyone can answer these questions i would be greatful. and YES i have searched ;)

A friend of mine bought one about couple of years ago and I had a chance to examine it a bit back then. In my opinion (which is usually very, very picky in this kind of matters, bear in mind) Marui´s Chrome finish is very toyish & plasticky. Mostly because Beretta has never offered their M29F in this kind of polished chrome style, but more in conventional stainless steel. Also real Beretta Inox´s frame is actually a tad different shade, because it´s aluminium alloy and slide is steel. Then again in Marui´s Desert Eagle the chromy finish doesn´t matter that much (at least to me, again), since those guns have actually been available in highly polished chrome finish.

If such details are no concern, honestly put TM´s chrome coating is fairly even and seems quite durable (for an airsoft "chrome/stainless/Inox" emulating finish). Not very realistic, though, and it´s no wonder most airsofters put every "stainless/Inox" finish down if this is their impression of "real" stainless gun finish...

Archived