UTG M324 Master Sniper Full Review!

UTG M324 Master Sniper Review

UTG-M324S.jpg

Background

Quote From Shortyusa

“UTG M324 Sniper Rifle was one of the most anticipated releases of 2005. The UHC Super 9, which had been the only sniper rifle available under $150 for nearly a decade, finally got some competition. I think we all agreed that it was about time too!”

As many of you, I’ve always loved snipers. Just the thought of one shot one kill makes any kid wets his pants; but unfortunately I don’t have enough money to spend on a 500-600 dollar gun that I’m might not use in the field. Sure snipers are deadly in the real world, but in airsoft (many of you might disagree with me on this) they don’t do as much damage when compared to a full auto AEG.

I began to study the art of sniping a couple months ago when I had a little extra money at hand. To me it just didn’t seem practical to buy a rifle that I’m going to sell within a couple of weeks. I’ve look at beginner sniper rifles such as the HFC Usr-11 and the UTG M324 Master Sniper, both, which have many good reviews from airsofters. I just couldn’t decide on which one would be better for the price. So when my friend decided to get the UTG Master Sniper, I was more than happy to test the gun and write up a review.

So here we go! :D

BTW, Sorry about the abd pics.

Ordering

The rifle was order from www.speedytoys.com in the Master Sniper package, which included the UTG Mil-Dot 4x32 Scope. All together after shipping and tax it came to a reasonable $153. The gun was delivered with UPS Ground and arrived in only 4 days. So kudos to them! J

First impressions

(I was with my friend when he received it)

The gun arrived in a plain brown USP cardboard box, with scotch tape in the middle. It looked like as if two smaller boxes were taped to make one that was large enough to fit the rifle. Don’t know if that’s the safest way to ship something. :unsure:

P8040051.jpg

Upon opening the box, I discovered that the M324 is enclosed in a sturdy, beautifully designed box with a carrying handle at the top. The scope? Likewise.

P8040060.jpg

The tops to the boxes weren’t taped, but on the inside of the guns box, there was a clear plastic sheet wrapped around the bottom portion of the box so insure the parts don’t fall out during shipping. Included with the package are: barrel assembly, stock, bipod, 2 25rd mags, sling, screws, rubber pads for stock, and a speed loader.

P8040068.jpg

P8040075.jpg

Gun

I picked up the barrel assembly and the stock and was shocked at how much it weighed. The barrel is fully made from metal and is painted nice black. The paint doesn’t seem to be coming off anytime soon. (If no abused) The barrel is built very sturdy and has very small tweaks along the hop up unit. Shouldn’t be a big problem. The bold looks to be strong metal and the handle doesn’t seem it’s gonna break anytime soon. It’s very nicely padded with rubber like texture making cocking very comfy. The cocking action is not too smooth at first, but after a little lube and a few mags, I expect that shouldn’t be a problem. On the top there’s a rail for the installation of any scope or sites. Too bad the gun doesn’t come with iron sites.

P8040094.jpg

P8040092.jpg

P8040091.jpg

The stock is made from plastic which had heavy weights installed in the back. It’s not the sturdiest thing I’ve ever felt, but it doesn’t feel like gunstocks from Cybergun either. There are visible seem lines and on the back of the stock, there are white sticky stuff…. what’s going on at your manufacturing plants UTG? <_< However after closer inspection, the white stuff just seem to be styrofoam.

P8040093.jpg

What is that?? :blink:

P8040098.jpg

Back

P8040096.jpg

Front

P8040100.jpg

Bottom

Leaper scope is very pleasingly made from metal. Has a nice stocky weight to it. Included with it are, 3 inch sunshade, flip up covers, mount rings, manual, and cleaning cloth. Looking through the scope, you can see it’s crystal clear with Mil-Dot crosshairs. There are 2 adjustment knobs, one on top for up and down and one of the right for left and right.

P8040063.jpg

P8040066.jpg

Sorry about this one, don't know how to take a through scope pic.

The bipod is well built and fully metal, making your sniping experience more fun. The legs are hefty, with rubber at the end to prevent slipping. It mounts to the small rail under the stock and once mounted tight, doesn’t move much.

P8040084.jpg

P8040082.jpg

2-25rd mags are included with the rifle. Plastic. Nothing special.

P8040079.jpg

The included sling is actually not too bad. Can’t be compared to an aftermarket one of course, but it’s usable and makes carrying a sniper rifle a hell lot easier.

P8040089.jpg

Putting everything together is pretty much straight forward. The allen screws included are small, medium and large. The large one goes behind the trigger, the medium one in the middle and the small one in front of the mag well. After that, we slapped the screw on and went outside to sight the gun. At 40 feet the gun was dead accurate. It will something the size of a coke can 100% of the time with .2s.

P8040108.jpg

Conclusion

Sure it’s nowhere near the CA M24 or Tanaka series, but for the price, this is one of the best sniper rifles you can get. Over all very sturdy construction, great performance, and at a very very reasonable price. This is the weapon to get if you’re a beginner sniper, or just a veteran looking to have some fun. I would definitely recommend anyone that wants to give sniping a go.

Thanks for reading. :)

LONG RANGE TESTS AND TEFLON MOD RESULTS WILL BE POSTED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!

Nice little review.. just what i've been looking for.

I want to get the Double Eagle M50 (same thing as the UTG M324), but much cheaper, but doesn't come with the scope or 'pod.

I could get the DE M50 from gunner's for a rather nice price, BUT i'm a little concerned as far as upgrading goes. I dont have much $$$ so I can't afford something like the TM VSR10 G-spec or whatever. Also, as far as I know, there aren't any upgrade kits available for the DE M50/UTG M324 apart from the recently released thing which turned out not to be so great (cant remember what it was exactly).

Upgrading the internals is supposedly very difficult because the cylinder is stamped shut, rather than pinned, so it will require heavy modification to get it all to work.

Perhaps when you have time, can you open it up and take some pics of the cylinder and the various other internal parts? Cheers.

Kudos +1 for you

We didn't do the teflon mod because we wanted to test it stock, because some people don't like to open up guns, just incase they couldn't put it back together.

We'll open it up sometime today or tomorrow and tape it up good. And i'll let you guys know how it goes.

what i really hate about this sniper (no offence to anyone since that would include one of my teamates) is that in realism it sucks.

the mag well is not exactly where it should be in the real gun

which would be this:

ssg69.gif

Steyr SSG

or any gun for that matter. (Mag is not under but completely adjacent to the breach!)