KJW Para-Ord P14 vs KWC Colt Nat. Match

Fuser

I've got my main AEG that I've had for a few months now and I'm considering a sidearm. I love the 1911 look, but I really dont want to spend much more than $100, so WA is pretty much out of the question. I've narrowed it down to these two guns:

KWC-GBB-1162-SH-L.jpg

KWC Colt National Match

(This is the two-tone version, I'm also considering the plain black version)

KJ-PARA-L.jpg

KJ Works Para-Ordnance P14

I'm leaning towards the KWC gun because of its price. But is it really a good gun? I'd appreciate some advice from someone who has used both of these guns. If not, some info on the KWC pistol would be great because the low price tag makes me skeptical.

res

The KWC doesn't have a functional grip safety. Its also a single stack .45 so it will fit smaller hands best.

The KJW Para14 has pretty much functional everything down to the over travel adjustment screw (that little nub of a screw in the skeletal trigger). It is however a double stack .45 so larger hands would work best this time.

If you're inclined towards the KJW, I suggest saving just a bit more to get the full metal version with adjustable hop-up.

I couldn't find any stores that have it in stock (I've tried Redwolf and Evike so far) yet, but I'll keep looking.

I'd definatley go for the full metal version. 20 or 25 bucks more doesn't matter. If someone has a link to a store with the full metal version (better if its the new version) in stock, +1.

res

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=4380

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=3898

Both have the same pic of the ABS ver. Guess the photographer was too expensive for a second shoot.

The full metal version has cocking serrations perpendicular to the slide, unlike the slanted ones on the ABS. Also, the full metal one has a polished spring guide rod and barrel bushing whereas they are black on the ABS. Doesn't say if its old or new.

I'd also say go for the full metal KJW P14.45, I've had one for a while and it's one of my favourite guns.

The only thing you will have to watch out for is the bottom of the magazine wasn't a very good fit, however this is easily fixed with some PTFE tape.

As with all my pistols, I have a pair of the KJW para ords...

I find them comfortable to hold and use (my hands are 'normal' sized), and nice and balanced in the hand. Full metal all the way though, so little price difference you may as well...

John

Archived