USP .45: Fitting a metal slide, metal barrel

Handsome Pete

Right. My USP full size arrived this morning along with a 150% spring set, ksc metal slide & outer barrel. ive managed to fit the main back bit into the slide.

However, when ive put the inner barrel in the metal outer...the hop bit drops out. help?

How do i fit the 150 recoil spring?

and finally....does it all go back together into the slide easily?

please help...being my last airsoft gun...i dont wanna mess it up.

cheers. +1's available for those who offer successful help. ;)

Last airsoft gun?! That's what I always say, haha!

The hop-up drops out: Make sure the hop-up unit is assembled properly (I had a similar problem). Check the small ball bearing in there, and make sure things line up exactly to the manual diagram; this is very important. Next, did you install the little cap, spring, and screw back into the metal outer barrel? That holds the entire assembly in the outter barrel.

Recoil spring: There should be a small black "clamp ring" that you have to pop off on the end of the guide rod. It's best to pop it off with two screw drivers if you don't have the proper tool. Then slide your re-coil spring on, and snap the ring on (it can be tricky).

Gun going together: Yes, the gun should go together quite easily, a little tighter than before, but still easy to put together.

Well, with that I hope it help a little. Let me know if I can help you out some more.

For an easier way (well for my anyways) was I clamped both springs back because after 1 hour and several different tools I could not get the ring off for the life of me. Use a pair of locking pliars or spring clamps, expose the pin then knock it right out. Pop on the new springs, reclamp them back into a compressed position, then tap the pin right back in. Took a couple tries to make this work properly but it did the job!

USP_GR_01.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yo, im back with another question :P . I solved the previous problems, so i now have the metal slide fitted with the plastic barrel, this meant the inner barrel would stay in.

However, after giving it a bit of a test/field shoot, ive noticed the bb drops quite dramatically after 6 or so metres. Ive used the hopup key but tbh, it doesnt appear to make any difference. Could it be that ive shagged the hpup whilst fitting it in and oiut of the various metal and plastic barrels? if so, can i fix it, or buy a new hopup. Or even, a whole new barrel set, with metal ouer barrel as standard?? :huh:

i dunno, im rambling. any help would be much appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a quick question that's related to this. I'm re-fitting the stock slide and barrel back onto my USP, but I'm having trouble removing the inner barrel from the metal outer barrel, and I have no idea how to do it since the gun arrived to me with the metal set already on.

I've put the blowback unit back into the plastic slide, but I can't figure out how to take out the inner barrel for love nor money :(

Archived