needz help with photoshop cs!

tgrillo

I just started doing photoshop again, and I forget mostly everything, such as stamping and stuff to combine layers. Please help by telling me what I am missing....

blackhawkdownfinal.jpg

f22final.jpg

ArmySigFinal.jpg

tgrillom4copy.jpg

668d3cab.jpg

Thanks

by about 25px, the mods dont really seem to care lol..

Yah I know I used the same brush set for all of them, simply because its my favorite one, and I just DLed that one yesterday. The bottom two have different brushes though.

Any tips besides size and dif. brushes? I want to improve my skeelz :D

hmm I must be doing something wrong with my BGs, cause when I outlined the render/feathered it to 20 and pressed the square/circle button, the checkered backround showed rather than blending in the render. This was from the pixel2life tut on blending renders.

I think what I'm doing wrong is using the lasso tool to cut out the render in a seperate image, rather than putting the original render over the sig like the guy did in the tutorial.

Sorry, you posted while I was typing lanes, so I didnt originally see it.

it checkers everything except for some of the render. Everything is checkered lol....

I see that you blended that guy in your sig very nicely, I hope to do the same to my BHD sig too, as I really like that one for some reason :D

Thanks for your help dude, +1

Any time, man. Ask if you've got anymore questions. Also, a method I use for blending is pretty simple.

First, make the background sig all in black and white.

Then get your render open in a different file, cut it out as you'd wish. Go to layer --> new adjustment layer--->Gradient Map-->OK-->OK. If it makes it all funky colored, go back and check "reversed" under gradient map, otherwise, don't.

Shift click to highlight both layers (adjustment and render), and hit ctrl+e to merge. Copy that and paste it into the sig file.

Erase around the render edges with a soft brush with lowered opacity.

Go to layer > new adjustment layer > color balance.

Tinker with that, and all three (shadow,midtones,highlights) to color everything as you wish.

Voila.

Also, custom fonts are fun.

do you do the gradient map before or after you drag the cut out render into the sig?

I'm working on a new one right now, I just need to clear the above up and then I'll post it and see what you think of it :D

Thanks

I was too lazy to download more fonts, I just LOVE the army font I got from dafont.com

What font site do you use? I have been using dafont, but their selection is kind of limited and hard to search...

Here is my try at your method, I think it looks good, but then again, I thought the ones I posted originally were good too haha.

blackhawkdownMK2.jpg

If that one is good, then I will add in another helo and a quote perhaps...

http://www.1001fonts.com/ is great.

You might want to slap on a border (editing layer properties, setting up a stroke, etc.) on the sig, but it's looking pretty good. The method of blending I used doesn't work for everything, mind you, so you may want to develop your own method.

Also, check around (especially deviantart) for some grunge brushes. They are god for sig making.

yah I have about 20sig sets from DA, I just LOVE that one that I have been using. I used to have this awesome one, but I deleted it when I reformatted my laptop.

Yah I forgot about the border, will do. They just look kinda cheesy to me.

Oh ######, I just tried to set one up, it wont work for some reason. I pressed new layer. Then I pressed select all, edit-->stroke, and nothing happened...

Plz help...again.. lol I really suck at this :D

that isnt working :(

Which layer do I need to select? I tried that method for both the new border layer, and layer 1 (the BG). Nothing happens.

Archived