TM glock 26A review

I bought mine of the forums but the cheapest i've found for it (in the UK) is from zeroone For £105 or something.

First impressions

I'm used to a metal KJ glock 23 (which is quite a bit heavier) so i was a bit dissapointed when i picked it up and found it only seemed to way a little bit more than it with the mag in, and the mag accounts for most of the weight :( . Other than that the gun seems great, with no noticable flex to the external parts. It has quite a range of external markings, on the right side it reads (running from the back to the front of the gun) "Glock BPD199" and then on the frame "MADE IN JAPAN ASGK TOKYO MARUI CO..LTD" and then at the bottom "GAS BLOWBACK SYSTEM 01999 TMC-AD/JA". On the other side it says " (glock logo thingy) 26 AUSTRIA 9X19" On the rail it has "20928" and on the grip it has the glock logo again. The shell ejection port bit reads "9x19" on the top and "BPD199" and then has the glock logo and a pentagon. It ways around 750 grams ~ which i think is a bit light for my liking but putting a metal slide on would add quite a bit of weight to it. External metal bits seem to be limited to the front sight, trigger and the slide catch.

P9060096Medium.jpg

P9060094Medium.jpg

P9060095Medium.jpg

P9060099Medium.jpg

Operation

Nothing specal about loading it or anything, just cock it and fire. To get the slide off take the mag out, press down on the two little catches just above the trigger guard, pull the slide back and forward again and the whole slide (and compensator) comes off. From here you can easily adjust the hop up by turning the little cog. If you should want to get the barrel out then you need to first take the compensator off. To do this you need some allan keys to take the bolt out. Once youve dont this you can just pull the compensator off. You'll also notice at this point that the compensator ways the best bit of nothing <_< . Anyway now you just take out the recoil spring and slide the barrel out like normal. The safety is turned on and off by the little switch just behind the rail.

(this is the bolt you need to take out to get the barrel out)

P9060097Medium.jpg

Shooting

I currently dont have a chrono (or any tins for that matter) but it seems to be firing a good deal harder than my KJ glock 23 and i'd say around 280-300 on ICS green gas. Accuracy also seems fairly good, and i shoot an apple consistantly at around 5-6 meters.. I'm not so keen on the sights, i personally find it easier to aim with dot sights, but this has a dot sight at the front and then you line it up between a kind of straight "c" shape on its side. The mags hold 25 rounds each and last for around 2 and a half mags on a full gas fill. ROF was quite pleasing and i could quite easily empty the mag in a few seconds. It doesn't really have much kick to it, and doesn't sound all that great with a plastic slide, although it did sound a lot better when i put my glock 23 slide on it.

Upgrades

Their doesnt really seem to be a huge range of upgrades for it, jsut the normal stuff like high flows, fiber optic sights, tight bore barrels etc etc. One upgrade i would advise if your planning to run it on green gas is a metal slide and a stronger recoil spring, as this will make it heavier and more durable. I'm also wanting to swap the compensator out for something with a bit more weight to it, but i have as of yet to find anything. The rail means you can put a laser/light on it easily and theirs probably a scope rail aviable for it as well.

Good bits

- powerfull

- accurate

- decent rate of fire

- seems fairly reliable (no jams or anything)

- fairly large mag capacity

Bad bits

- lack of metal external parts

- very light for a gun of its size

- slightly dissapointing shooting experince

- sights may not be to everyones taste

I think all in all the good out weighs the bad, and if your after a skirmishable pistol i'd recommend this, but if your fter someting for a collection or target shootng you may want to put some new parts on it to make it more relistic.

The photos are a bit rubbish, but i'll get some better ones in the light soon and post them up here