Guarder or Prime

0nslaught

Guarder or Prime kit for the P226  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Guarder or Prime kit for the P226

• Guarder Frame and slide set for P226
    • Prime frame and slide set for p226

One thing is for sure i want a full metal custom P226, but what metal kit. The prime kit seems realy nice and excellent but....wow so much $$$$! (BY THE WAY) fergot to mention, i am ordering this gun from UNco in the custom guns section. so power is the same. Ive heard so many good things about the prime and love it but the price is just like wowzers. ive heard some bad things about the guarder kit like people having to sand things and such, but overall its a nice kit. the Prime P226 is 538, the Guarder one with a steel threaded barrel is 317. should i fatten up my wallet and go for the best or just take some chances and hope that i wont have the guarder kit.

please if anyone has either of these guns tell me some pros and cons about them

I have the Prime Metal body (Navy NSW) and I love it. If you get it at WGC, you actually get the threaded barrel and silencer for $375 which is a little savings. I usually get stuff at RedWolf and for $375 it makes no mention about getting the threaded barrel and silencer. Yes the Guarder needs sanding somewhere on the slide. My brother got both the silver and the black version and so far he is working on the black at this time. Either way it is up to you which route you go.

I have the Prime Metal body (Navy NSW) and I love it. If you get it at WGC, you actually get the threaded barrel and silencer for $375 which is a little savings. I usually get stuff at RedWolf and for $375 it makes no mention about getting the threaded barrel and silencer. Yes the Guarder needs sanding somewhere on the slide. My brother got both the silver and the black version and so far he is working on the black at this time. Either way it is up to you which route you go.

The Prime kit does need some fitting too. The slide was made a bit too thick on mine and needed grinding.

i have a guarder kit on my marui p226... its actually really nice. the only issue with it is that it took a long time to fit and took alot of work to fit. if you are doing it yourself and are willing to put in the time save yourself some money and get the guarder. if you want it to be easy get yourself the prime but be prepared to spend heavily on it.

Archived