Hi All

Delfi

Hi All,

There I was, the other day, an AA player (Honor 50+) like many people here I assume ... I have a moderately well paid (stressful) job and had decided I'd like a SOPMOD replica M4A1 plus any personal extras for my study wall. Blokes need toys.

It's close to impossible to get these (as you all know of course) but there's plenty of Airsoft stuff available and it looks good to me. I did my research and that led ultimately to my being here.

But, before I found this place I'd bought me a Marui M4A1 RIS ... all of the usual extras and a really nice mock silencer (yeah yeah ... I like it), a red dot sight on a high mount, a rail mounted torch, a rail mounted laser and a whole load of pellets.

It doesn't take long ot sort out the gun ... the 'Hop Up' system seems obvious ... but hey ... I bought this because I play AA ... and it's going on the wall ...

Actually, it is not going on the wall at all ... I fancy a piece of this for real now. On the way ... a spare battery and a carrying case.

Now, disclaimer time, I've looked around your site and found many answers, if I've missed something then don't be too harsh OK?

Some questions:

Obviously I'm a newbie ... I want to shoot people NOW ... are there standard rules or guidelines available that I can get/read before I have a go at shooting people? I fully understand the safety aspects and have all of the associated kit I need for now ... I'm interested in gameplay rules and procedures.

I take it you guys have an ad-hoc approach to helping people.

How do I get to do shoot at consenting adults?

I'm based in Birmingham, UK.

Hello there, and welcome to the forums!!

Like many people who get into airsoft, I see you couldn't resist the idea of trying your new toy out on the skirmish battlefields!!

Firstly, take a look at this;

http://www.airsoftmap.co.uk/

Find the site closest to you, and look them up!!

Secondly, you'll find all airsofters very friendly, and especially helpful to first-timers. Obviously, there are exceptions, but most airsofters are very keen to promote their sport in a positive light, and will usually bend over backwards to help a new player.

If you introduce yourself to the site owner as a brand new player, no doubt they will run you through all the basic game and safety principles there and then. Games differ in the fact that they are usually scenario-based...

I.E. Your standard Team Deathmatch, and Capture The Flag games will appear, albeit in variant forms.

The game itself is based on an honour system. When you are hit, you are to stand, and place your hand in the air (it also helps to call out 'hit!').

Depending on the game, you can then either make your way back to a safezone (a place where you usually start out/park your car. You cannot fire your gun in the safezone), or to a regen(eration) point, where you can come back into the game. You may also be medic'd (another player/designated medic taps you on the arm, thus bringing you back into the game).

Obviously, these rules will vary from site to site - some sites like to have their players in the game for most of the day, and will thus encourage medic rules. Other sites like to take a more realistic approach, and therefore once you're out, you will need to sit the rest of the game out.

Any questions, feel free to drop me a P.M.!!

Ben.

Oh yes, and when a player walk's past you with their gun in the air, this is their way of saying they are hit 'and don't blooming shoot me!!'

No there are plenty of rules to the game, but each, as L4byr1nth has stated, can have different rules. But there are a few to keep to mind!

1 - dont run around the streets/local forests with your guns.

(This I assume you already know)

2 - NEVER remove your eye protection .....

(while on an airsoft site, you can when you go home etc)

3 - Always take your hits... why play if you wont!

4 - Try not to shoot people from REAL close .... As it can hurt!

But all in all, you will find the most of us ok... but be warned... you will spend a fortune on stuff....

Many thanks guys,

I've kinda found most of the material that you suggest but it's good to be sure. I hope to try the 'real stuff' this coming weekend. I'll introduce myself as a newbie and wing it from there.

I can't think of anything more stupid than pulling one of these gizmo's in public. A fine way of seeing real hardware!

I also have the required safety gear and understand the concept of an honour system (I used to do real time role play stuff many years ago).

I'm not sure of what to expect in terms of sting from a hit but I'm assuming at 15-20m it doesn't hurt so much (judging by my beer can tests :-)).

I've pretty much sussed most of the tech stuff out ... my 'hop up' is sorted out and my sights are 0'd correctly ... I've used other types of gun before and these things are remarkably well balanced and accurate !!! I was genuinely surprised.

And yeah ... I'm already well over £500 into this and I haven't played yet. I understand cost and don't care so much about it

One thing I already had was ***good*** camo ... 'Realtree' and similar for all that know it :-) I also have good footwear and water bottles etc etc.

I'm really interested in seeing some of the pyro's go off (and their effects) ... perhaps not too closely though! I'd also like to see one of these 203 sims in action too.

I have an M4A1 and I'm already thinking about my 'next' weapon ... other than a sidearm, I may well go for an AK-47. A real basic 'grunt' AK for that matter.

Soooo much to see and do ... thanks again for your help guys.

D

I was already 700 smackeroonies into airsoft before I actually played!!

As to the actual BB hit, depending on the FPS of the gun firing it, and how many layers you're wearing, it can vary from a mild tap to a 'Ouch!!' sting.

Nothing too serious!!

I wish you many good times, and a whole lot of fun!!

Archived