Classic Army M24?

cl_metal_snake

I hear that stock its a decent gun but once you begin to upgrade the power, the trigger pull becomes heavy. The components in the trigger are made of soft metals that with use will be damaged. The Civilian Model has no fluting, and the Military Version has fluting which is the only difference. This is some information that I found when searching through this site when I was going to buy the CA M24, I went with the Tanaka M24. Basically stock it should be OK. Try another search there is alot of info here.

By the way if you want a power upgrade that won't wear out the trigger, Classic Army makes a gas cylinder.

the ca m24 is awsome, my mate had one upgraded to 500fps, was dead accurate. The gun itself was a decent weight, a fair bit heavier than my vsr, but easily manageable. The stock is the same/very similar to a tanaka works m700 stock. overall feels really robust, only thing i didnt like about it was the stupidly hard trigger pull.

Seen one that ran well at 450fps and another that didn't perform right at 500fps. Must say this rifle is very hefty and around 3.6kg if my distant memory serves me right. Yes, a robust rifle, but then again the bolt is horrid;s it can revolve while you draw it back and therefore not line up correctly when pushing the bolt back into firing position. Feels poor quality/engineered when cocking it.

It is around 280-300fps stock (struggling to remember as been a while) and the HOP is temperamental at best like the APS series it mirrors.

I suggest the VSR has better performance and bolt if you want a springer, while the TANAKA M24 SWS is a better choice if you are stuck on that type of rifle IMHO.

Seen plenty of CA M24 owners on forums, having problems with threads stripping too. Again, an old design in the bolt action 6mm world and now obsolete in my eyes.

Sorry to be critical or negative amd I am not saying the CA M24 is not possible to be tuned to a good level. Just my thoughts...

must admit put my M40a1 to the back of the cupboard today and will not come out now till warmer weather next spring/summer. Decided springers are good in the UK over winter months, as long as I pick denser terrain. Will try my luck with the MK23 for a gas gun in the cold I guess as not much extra to pack and I have a handwarmer.

OFF TOPIC : picked up my KTW M37 Ithaca pump shotty today (from the back of the cupbaord of hunting tools) and found it jammed first pump. Stripped it down and found the plastic 1 piece cylinder had snapped right around the head area. Glued it back on after degreasing it all and it appears to be fixed. Sadly it now shoots 2-3 pellets at once when set to single shot :( so I guess it is just a fun/night gun now... shame as I really liked it on single shot (300fps and I used 0.25g) as pretty consistant due to low HOP. Shows all Airsoft guns have limited lives and after numerous thousand pellets things do eventually wear out.....

My advice to you is buy a VSR10 G-SPEC despite me missing sevral important shots last game with my own. I don't blame the rifle and was user error. Spending all season fiddling with new and esoteric gas guns and not my springer, made me a poorer shot with it after a long break and with different trajectories in my head. My S.W.A.G. was often wrong. OK a VSR10 is not a wall hanger or high end in build quality, but it is a workhorse.

So sticking to the 2 primary guns only over winter to improve my hit ratio ;)

Archived