g36c - Eotech

Kireru

Hey guys.

I got a nice G36c, with various upgrades, inc. a 390 fps tuneup.

Sitting ontop of this great rifle, is a Eotech 552(AA batt. version).

They go great together and Eotech is a fine tool, BUT! i cant zero the Eotech for the G36c. I know its just hardball, but i've seen guys hit pretty well with it, mounted on a m4. The carryhandle is the stock one, so the Eotech sits higher than most sights/scopes.

I've turned the up/down lever, on the side, all the way to down, until it cant turn anymore... and i still aim about 1-2 inches higher than the bullets hit, even at a good range of 30 feet+

Please dont lecture me about hopup and all that...

anyhuws... anybody got the same problem or a possible tip?

I think the EOTech HWS is designed for flat-top weapons (unless you use a specific mount, which is only for the AR series.)

If you were able to mount it in front of the caring handle, and zero it in with the already existing scope that might work and be really awesome.

try mounting it forward, just remember there further from the reticle your eye is the larger it appears, so not too far.

Hope this helps, post pictures and results.

Is it a CA G36c or a marui one?

I had a similar problem with a guarder TRS where you can't adjust it down enough to bring it in line. Part of the problem is that I was zeroing it at a fairly short range - under 5 metres. This was on a CA36.

Where the sights sit a fair way above the barrel, the BB has to travel further forward to narrow the angle between where you're looking and where the barrel is shooting.

To minimise it I remounted the carry handle on the 36 and tried to pack the back end up a bit, just to pitch the entire rail down but I never got it bang on at short range.

If you were doing the same as me, try zeroing at a longer range...

*edit* Re-read the initial post, you should be ok at that range.

Not lecturing, but your hop is working correctly, right? As in you can overwind the hop and the bb swerves up, you don't have to have it fully wound on?

thx for the quick replies.

I dont like zeroing my sights after the hop up, cuz i think its harder to judge the range. Ofcourse a spray and pray method works well, but i still want the feel of actually aiming with the Eotech, and hitting well. I'll try moving it more forward, hoping the bigger crosshairs compensat for the lack of bullet vs crosshair.

I might just get the carryhandle with the build-in scope for the g36c and use the Eotech for my custom SR-16 instead.

btw its a Marui g36

Archived