we hi-capa 5.1k v2 (aluminum slide)

ok, so unfortunately i do not have a digital camera at the moment so there will not be any pics. however, if and when i get a digital camera i will post pics.

so, on with the review: i received my we hi-capa 5.1k ver2 (the one with the metal slide).

i opened up the package and was amazed at the feel of the gun. i then racked the slide back and it moved back and came forward nice and crisp. i looked in the ejection port and was impressed that it was more open than some other gas guns which i feel is more realistic, but that part is just me. i then loaded it up, pointed it at my target, and lightly began pulling the trigger BANG!!! wow, i had not expected such a short pull, it was nice, light, clean, and short. the recoil gave a really nice kick too, verry impressive. i thne pulled off another shot, this time knowing what the trigger pull would be like... BANG!!! again, beautifull. third shot was nice aswell, but on the fourth shot it just went PFFFFFF, and all the gas flowed out the front.

well, as you can imagine, i wasn't too happy about that, but i loaded it up again, and fired... BANG!!! BANG!!! PFFFFFF. crud.

i let it warm up more, and tried it again, pulling off shots in quick succession.

BANG!!! BANG!!! PFFFFTSSSSS "AHHHHHHHGGGGG!!!" it sprayed green gas all over my hand and it really burned.

not good. well, i figured i'd try to see if i could fix it before i returned it because it was just such a sweet looking gun, and i loved the recoil.

so i took it appart and looked to find out what was wrong with it: the major problem it seemed was that the piston head did not fit in the blowback cylinder tightly enough and the gas would move past it so that instead of being used to push the slide back all the way, it just sprayed out the back.

so a new piston head seemed to be in order.

well, just yesterday i got the new piston head aswell as a 6.03mm inner barrel.

so here's how it went:

it was too tight... so i took out the o-ring, took my widdling knife and trimmed the inside of the piston head (where the o-ring goes) and put the o-ring back on. still to tight, so i trimmed some more, perfect. or so i thought. at first it fired pretty well. i could make it through an entire clip with steady 1 and 1/2 second intervals between shots.

i do not have a chrono, but i test power by shooting at a slab of dry wall. i tested this against my m11 which shoots about 330fps with green gas.

this gun now shot only about 280fps or so from what i could tell about the depth and size of the holes.

so i decided to take it apart and seel the chamber up with electrical tape. i could only fit it over the part where the hopup rubber connects to the barrel, but not over the hopup rubber on the chamber area. it seems to have a pretty good seel over there anyway. i then tried firing it. at first it was fine, but then it started spitting gas out the back, not as bad as orriginally, but i don't want to be in the middle of combat and have my gun dy on me. so i took it apart, took out the piston head, and removed the hopup rubber. i then took teflon tape and put it insidewhere the hopup rubber would be in order to widen it a little bit. i lubed everything up, and put it back together. i then fired it, i put several slips through it and did not have a single problem.

i then tested the power, it seemed to be shooting at about 300fps or so with the barrel lubed and chamber seeled. well, not as hard as i would have liked, but good enough.

all in all, it now has the advantages that everyone raves about it having, and it only has two problems. one is that it does eat gas like crazy, but it can make it through a full clip safely. the other is that it is not made of the highest quality metals, but for about $130 i think that is to be expected.

it is winter here in MI rite now, but when it warms up i will be able to test the accuracy. i tested it a little bit before i got the new inner barrel, it was able to hit a 4 inch thick target at over 100ft with the stock barrel.

but i will add more about the accuracy after it gets warmer here.

hope this helps. (by the way, i heard about some way to increase accuracy by putting teflon tape around the barrel or something, can anyone give me some details on that please?

thanks

Edited by scithe

Not teflon tape, masking tape. Just wrap it around your inner barrel neatly until there's enough to center your inner barrel inside the outer barrel. Make sure it's not too tight and that the inner barrel assembly can still slide smoothly inside the outer barrel. You can can then shim the space between the outer barrel and the slide, but I don't know how to do that on a 5.1k. It's easy on a Dragon because the very front half of the slide don't move, but it's a lot trickier with a standard slide.

update! i just did a rapidfire test with my WE. 24rds fired off with no problems at all. it locked back on the last shot, and there is still gas in the clip. it fired really well every shot without the shots losing any power.

this gun is firing perfectly since the upgrades. the only thing i don't like is that if you fire downward it starts to spray gas a little bit. this is not such a big deal though because, i don't know about you, but i wil not be shooting at my own feet in combat.

hmm, i tried it again but can't seem to get passed 14. odd... but still not to bad.

Edited by scithe