CYMA CM 031 Upgrades

fathom1001

Right, before anyone says "This has been gone through before loads of times...", I searched and couldn't find anything specific. I found stuff on the CM 028 and in the few reviews of the 031 "Oh, I might consider replacing the barrel", etc. but not a suggested list of upgrades. Which incidentally is what I'm after. Can anyone provide me with a list of suggested upgrades/things I should do to a CM 031 to make it perform better? And if possible somewhere to buy said parts in the UK?

Ok, here we go:

-metal bushings

-new piston & pistonhead ( the one in the cyma are ######)

-metal or plastic ( a TM will do the job) spring guide, but take out that standard cyma spring guide because it's ######

-new nozzle, standard cyma one is ######, a TM will do the job, or you can get a airseal nozzle

-and off course a spring :P ( PDI 120% if you want 310-325 fps)

This is a standard upgrade that will last some time, or you can buy a $$$$ full tune up kit, but I think that isn't the plan with a cyma...

-new nozzle, standard cyma one is ######, a TM will do the job, or you can get a airseal nozzle
If you're replacing the nozzle, you also have to replace the tappet plate, AFAIR.

And come on, the Cyma AKs aren't that bad. Split stocks and the Marui AK selector bug are the most common mistakes - it's not half as bad as the buggered selector/connectors on their MP5 (simple to fix - unless actually your gun is on warranty).

-metal bushings

-new piston & pistonhead ( the one in the cyma are ######)

-metal or plastic ( a TM will do the job) spring guide, but take out that standard cyma spring guide because it's ######

-and off course a spring :P  ( PDI 120% if you want 310-325 fps)

Right just to check:

-I want 6mm bushings, right?

-Any particular inexpensive, but OK piston and piston head I should go for? Or is anything aftermarket better that the CYMA ones?

-Is the Systema nozzle OK?

-And as far as tapper plate goes, what kind of gearbox is in the CM 031?

Archived