Resting Slide Position After Fired?

SlvrDragon50

Do KWA make a G23? I thought KJW made the G23?

Or, are you talking about the full-auto G23F?

If you have a KJW G23 then the problem is probably that it's a KJW gun and something isn't made or put together correctly.

If it's the KWA G23F then the problem is probably something to do with the fire selector.

I seem to recall that if you do odd things to a KWA f/a Glock, such as pull the slide back then pull the trigger and let the slide spring forward, it'll stop about 1mm further back than it should.

Anyway, I'd suggest removing the barrel and spring-guide then refit the slide and try cycling it with the mag removed.

You're trying to confirm that the slide can smoothly move through its entire range of motion. If it obviously sticks before the slide returns forward then you just need to keep taking bits off until you figure out which part is causing the fault.

Note that, if you remove the gas blow-back chamber you should never, ever fire the gun. The hammer will go forward and, without the block in place, there's no way to cock the hammer and the slide will be stuck in place.

You can sort this by poking a long screwdriver down the barrel and try to cock the hammer but it's a toughie.

Archived