Warrior assault systems

darkchild130

Hello my knowledgeable brethren, i have a query.

when browsing Uktactical.com i came accross a brand of tactical gear called warrior assault systems

i've never heard of them before so i was wondering how is the quality of their gear? The pricing is sort of average for a fairly decent brand but i'd like some first hand views from you lot.

Cheers.

Darkchild

I bought a Warrior modular pistol holster from uktactical. Seems to be pretty good, although I've not had the chance to use it in anger.

Good design and the construction seems pretty rugged too. I am a little concerned that the label reads "Worrier Assault Systems; maybe this is kit for the nervous :P

I'll let you know if it loses my USP.

ok thanks guys.

@Maverick: im gonna pester you for that review, cos i like the look of their stuff but wont purchase til i've had at least one bit of positive feedback.

Personally i plan on buying the recon assault harness ripoff (which in turn, was ripped from Eagle industries by Blackhawk) as my beloved BHI Omega vest keeps overlapping my waist belt and its really beginning to get on my nerves (damn short torso!)

Darkchild

thanks but im afraid my impatience got the better of me and i ordered a load of stuff today:)

I bought a recon harness (on special offer, replete with a plethora of pouches), some additional pouches (double pistol, radio and another double m4 pouch), a pair of converse warrior boots in black and a 3 day assault pack. All the tactical bits are in OD.

Call me stupid for buying without any prior knowledge of the gear but i couldn't help myself :P

EDIT: thanks for the heads up by the way, im happy to hear that its fairly robust.

Darkchild

thanks but im afraid my impatience got the better of me and i ordered a load of stuff today:)

Darkchild

Dude you have to do a brief review of that gear when you get it through. As im gaging for some new gear and this fits the ticket.

Cheers

Mine arrived today :D

will get a full review of it up soon.

a few things.

Seems ALOT sturdier then my current BULLE CIRAS.

OD is a little on the dark side.

It's double stiched well, and holds up well without plates.

Plates make it alot tougher (obviously ;) )

It fits a 36 chest (just may I add) any bigger and im sure it'll fit alot better than it fits me ;)

It's alot tougher than I was expecting easily on par with bulle gear. Obviously I havn't tried the warrior pouches yet so I can't pass judgement on them.

like I said i'll do a full review of it with pictures sometime soon.

any question's plug away, or pm me if you like.

Im using a combo of BULLE and PROUD pouches at the mo. namely;

1 X BULLE hydration carrier

4 X BULLE m4 (velcro opening) mag pouches.

1 X BULLE stiffback pouch

1 X BULLE silencer pouch

2 X BULLE open pistol mag pouches (4 pouches alltogether)

1 X Proud saw pouch

All in OD I allso use replica plates as said before to strengthen the rig.

EDIT. Darkchild mind giving us a quick overview of those warrior pouches when they get to you? stitching, build etc

On my Viper OD chest rig which is what I plan to upgrade from and give to my mate who's finally taking the leap and buying his own AEG etc., I am currently on a combination of mainly Viper pouches and a pair unknown brand triple m4 molle pouches from ehobbyasia (which hold 6 G36C mags in single stacked low profile). But I've started buying Bulle as the build quality is so much better - 2 double pistol mag pouches, admin panel. How does the WAS OD colour compare to the Bulle Green? (Even Viper if anyone is able to comment?)

EDIT. Darkchild mind giving us a quick overview of those warrior pouches when they get to you? stitching, build etc

I'll do a review of the whole lot when it gets through the post, i'll keep it in this thread rather than doing an actual review though.

Darkchild

I've Bought Loads of stuff from Uk Tacticaland have some of the Warrior Stuff (Worrior thing was a mistake by the manufacturer. Correct now).

I've got the 3 day pack, sling and numerous pouches and all compare equally to the high end stuff i have (HSGI, Eagle). Got the converse warrior boots and a few pair of gloves bought at Events from uk tac.

There's alot more kit coming in soon and Multicam(Crye Material)! Check out the Unique Pouches EMC Pouch. Locking system designed by Uk tactical. Great big kit bag coming soon too.

I'm led to believe that the Warrior Kit is stocked in 6mill shop (Formerly AA cannock) too.

Great service and quality kit

Here’s my review of the warrior assault systems gear.

3 Day Pack: Copied pretty much directly from a Blackhawk design, the 3 day pack was the most disappointing item of stuff I bought. The nylon it’s made from seems strong enough but no seams are double stitched and it has a general feeling of flimsiness. It is also very small, being advertised as a “3 day” pack, I would have thought it would be much bigger. As it stands, the capacity is about 20 litres, pushing 25 with the external compartments which quite frankly, sucks.

For longer, milsim games I like to carry a fair bit of food, water, warm kit, Gore-Tex etc and I cant imagine it all fitting into this pack. (I will test it out though) £45.95

Recon harness: Made from the same material as the backpack, at first I thought this item would also be sucky. On closer inspection though, everything is at least double stitched, with the molle loops in particular seeming extremely sturdy. I would comfortably carry this around on real world ops as well as airsofting , it seems that well constructed. I was very impressed with the amount of adjustability in the harness (as I am a skinny bugger) and considering the amount of extras you get, £64.95 is a very good price imo. The included pouches are:

2x double m4 mag pouch (each holds 4 mags)

Admin panel with single pistol mag pouch

Double ordnance/40mm pouch

Utility/medic pouch

Foldable dump pouch

The only downside to the rig are the quick release clips used in its construction, which appear to be made of a slightly cheap feeling plastic. Im just being picky though.

The pouches:

The pouches themselves are extremely well constructed, even more so than the harness. The mag pouches are Velcro closed, and have an alternative way of closing if you don’t like full flaps involving small Velcro straps.

I feel I must point out that the mag pouches have no internal dividers (which for me is a good thing cos I cant stand them) and the lids are not adjustable but comfortably hold 1 or 2 mags apiece.

The rest of the pouches share the robust construction of the mag pouches and all seem strong and functional.

In summary, Im impressed with my warrior assault systems gear, with the exception of the backpack. I recommend the recon chest harness to anyone looking for a lighter loadout on a bit of a budget.

Just to compare, to buy exactly the same rig from Blackhawk it would cost roughly £125-130 before you factor in shipping.

I hope this has been helpful to anyone who was wondering about buying stuff from warrior assault systems. They also sell two types of releasable armour carrier if you don’t like chest rigs.

Darkchild

I've Bought Loads of stuff from Uk Tacticaland have some of the Warrior Stuff (Worrior thing was a mistake by the manufacturer. Correct now).

I've got the 3 day pack, sling and numerous pouches and all compare equally to the high end stuff i have (HSGI, Eagle). Got the converse warrior boots and a few pair of gloves bought at Events from uk tac.

There's alot more kit coming in soon and Multicam(Crye Material)!  Check out the Unique Pouches EMC Pouch. Locking system designed by Uk tactical. Great big kit bag coming soon too.

I'm led to believe that the Warrior Kit is stocked in 6mill shop (Formerly AA cannock) too. 

Great service and quality kit

Yup the Warrior kit is at 6 Mil Cannock, I was down on thurs and picked myself up a dump pouch.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived