TM MC51

Crumbelievable

I recently brought a TM MC51- my first AEG and am pretty happy with it's performance, stock; it's primarily used as a mid-to-short range weapon, and it suits me fine; however I want to upgrade the battery for extended life and a faster rate of fire (though primarily and extended battery life rather than ROF). Also, I'm debating whether or not to install a tightbore barrel.

In short, my questions are-

Firstly what's the largest, most powerful battery I can use with stock internals? I'm currently under the impression it's an 8.4v 2000mah, and I'm getting a large handgrip to fit one inside.

And, secondly, is it worth installing a tightbore- what kind of accuracy/power increase will I see?

An 8.4v 2000mAh will do you fine, a tight bore will get you some more power, and definitely decrease grouping size. Use good BB's AE or Excel and you can run a 6.03 (or tighter barrel) and get a definite jump in velocity(10-20 FPS, depends on air seal and barrel/BB).

Search around on the site, theres a lot of other good tech information that can help you out there.

Cheers,

KM

If you buy a full stock for the MC51 (Probably listed on msot sites as a G3 full stock - they're one and the same) and re-wire the gun to use a battery in teh stock, you can fit BIG batteries in it.

I think the highest you could go up to would be 9.6v at about 4300 mAh.

However, it may be a tight fit.

But, yeah, the full stock allows for MUCH bigger batteries than the sliding stock does.

If you buy a full stock for the MC51 (Probably listed on msot sites as a G3 full stock - they're one and the same) and re-wire the gun to use a battery in teh stock, you can fit BIG batteries in it.

I think the highest you could go up to would be 9.6v at about 4300 mAh.

However, it may be a tight fit.

But, yeah, the full stock allows for MUCH bigger batteries than the sliding stock does.

I'd decided against a larger battery than the 8.4v 2000 mAh simply because I dont want to modify the gun too much, so I'll stick with the large foregrip option, but thanks all the same. I'm currently using Excel .2s, so I'll probably get the tightbore, too.

Thanks for the help, anyway! I'll have a read through the rest of the site.

Since it's a TM you'll probably have nylon bushings. If you fit metal bushings you can use a 9.6V battery without problems resulting in a higher ROF. And you'll probably find a battery that is stronger then a 200mAh (in the 9.6V class) which will result in a longer playfun with the battery.

Grtz

Archived